on demand updates
arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm hoping to catch the latest episode of Deadliest Catch on demand but it looks like the discovery channel library for deadliest catch hasn't updated in two weeks. The season is currently at episode 10 with an original air date of 6/17/14 but the most recent episode available in VOD is episode 7 which aired on 6/2/14.

I tried doing the fix my TV option in the support menu but that didn't help.

0 Likes
Re: on demand updates
arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else noticing this ????

Anyone?

0 Likes
arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3
Now the entire series is removed from on demand? What gives? I pay to watch the show on the channel, I should get access to the VOD content too. WTH?!
0 Likes
arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3
How am I the only person in the entire realm of FiOS viewers to notice the fact that an entire season of am extremely popular show is just gone?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is or isn't available is controlled by the Discovery Channel.  Only occassionally is it hung up by something being wrong on Verizon's VOD update process. 

0 Likes
arls544
Enthusiast - Level 3
Right, I'm all too aware of that, but back when I wrote the original post, the entire current season (up to the the most recent broadcast at that time) was in the discovery on demand listing, now it's all gone. Mid-season withdrawals related to contract bickering happens from time to time and I realize that, but if you look at the more recent posts in this message board you'll notice a pattern...

Content providers pulling shows mid-season is something all of us high paying VZ fios customers are giving away our money to avoid have happen, at least that's what we'd all like to believe. We're paying them to retain the content licensures, subsidize the useless channel clusters that hardly anyone watches, keep peering and hand-off components up to date and in general, give us the service we agreed to pay them a bunch of money, month after month, for. Reality is, and It's all too apparent, that keeping execs pockets well lined is far more important than shaking out deals over high-demand content and services or building a more robust network. The only way things like that go through is rate hikes to the customer or reductions in service levels and that is just garbage. When company profits soar, why must the consumer bear the brunt of executive salary at the expense of end-user service.

What I'm looking for here is, at the very least, for VZ personnel to chime in and say, "oh so sorry discovery wants more money for their show but we can't spare the cash because the executives jets are running low on Bombay sapphire and JW Blue this month. So sorry." VZ reps watch these forms, we all know they do.
0 Likes