Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

picture quality on Fox(505) Horrible

marleymarl
Contributor
Contributor

picture quality on Fox(505) Horrible

Message 1 of 6
(1,962 Views)
Waited all week to watch the Seahawks beat up on the Saints. I could not believe how bad the picture quality was. My wife sad maybe it's because of the bad weather. I could not take that for an answer so I called my friend and Brooklyn who agreed with me about the picture quality. The Patriots and Colts are playing under the exact weather conditions and the picture is great. What's up with that, especially that the super bowl will be on fox.
5 REPLIES 5
sangs
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: picture quality on Fox(505) Horrible

Message 2 of 6
(1,939 Views)

As a Giants fan, with most of their games being on FOX, it's been my experience that FOX's NFL picture quality is always worse than CBS's. I know FOX still broadcasts in 720p as opposed to CBS using 1080i, but I see plenty of other 720p programming that looks just fine - primarily sports on ESPN. And, yes, I thought the PQ of yesterday's Seahawks-Saints game was lacking.

Don11021
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,880 Views)

Have the same problem, and I was embarrassed to have people over to watch!  I have pixelation on some of my channels but none are more noticeable than Fox 5 local, news, and Fox HD. 

It would be nice if someone from VZB would acknowledge a problem.

thetick1234
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 4 of 6
(1,877 Views)

Fox 5 (505) looked fine on my TV for the NFL game.  I did not have any noticable blocking effect.  

TNYC
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,442 Views)

It is 2017 and I am watching the Giants on FOX NFL (505) on my LG 60 inch TV - picture quality resembles something from the 90's.  It's either Verizon or the NFL .. it's the only channel that does not seem to truly be HDTV.  Maybe Spectrum is better? I'll have to find out.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 6
(1,418 Views)

Is it all shows on that channel or just NFL games?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.