Re: Tennis Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

And what if you have to pay more to do it? I certainly don't want to pay extra for a channel I don't want. I am sure there are other channels you feel the same way about. If they do add it and have to raise prices, how many forum posts will there be from people who are now upset about price increase?

Re: NO TENNIS CHANNEL
LoveFiosWhenWk
Enthusiast - Level 3

VERIZON AND THE TENNIS CHANNEL ARE IN NEGOTIATION.  THAT IS WHY TC IS GONE,

0 Likes
Re: Tennis Channel
LoveFiosWhenWk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I FILED A COMPLAINT AS WELL.

0 Likes
Re: tennis channel
tennischwtf

I agree 100%. I switched to FIOS for Tennis Channel. Since it was simply removed (in the middle of the US Open no less and without any warning) I have been exploring my options. I don't need to cough up this much cash and not even be able to get something as basic as the Tennis Channel!!

0 Likes
Peter1949
Enthusiast - Level 1
Tennis Channel may be for sale. The owners
Of Tennis Channel include Bain Capital. Andre Agassi
and Pete Sampras.
Bain Capital specializes in take over opportunities.
In order to sell they need the maximum number
of subscribers.
Fios Extreme package tennis channel customers are
Actually being used by Bain Capital as pawns to get Verizon
To put Tennis Channel in the Ultimate package instead of the more
Expensive Extreme Package.
We have cancelled the Extreme package and downgraded
To Ultimate, thus saving $30 a month.
IMO We will not see a resolution of this issue for months.

Ironically we were enjoying Comcast HD Tennis Channel 2 years
Ago when it to was upgraded to their premium package.
We switched to Fios and a year later it was upgrade to Extreme
And now we have no choice but to go back to Comcast if this is not
Resolved in the next several months.

Any comments?

Peter1949
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Peter1949 wrote:

Fios Extreme package tennis channel customers are
Actually being used by Bain Capital as pawns to get Verizon
To put Tennis Channel in the Ultimate package instead of the more
Expensive Extreme Package.
We have cancelled the Extreme package and downgraded
To Ultimate, thus saving $30 a month.

Peter1949

I think you've got your packages mixed up.  Ultimate is ABOVE extreme and more costly.  I think you meant you downgradedto PRIME.

Tennis channel is trying to get Verizon to move it to the lower tier (hence more subscribers as you indicated) AND ask for more money per subscriber at the same time.

Tennis Channel
greeny53
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, I hope you are able to get Tennis Channel back because that is a channel I watch most of the time.  And if I must, I will change companies.  So please, work it out.

TennisFanatic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Ultimate (the highest) package and we lost Tennis Channel, too.  Tennis Channel pulled the programming because Verizon wouldn't agree to their terms to include it on lower tiers.  Come on, Verizon.  Please work this out!  Do you listen to your customers?

TENNIS CHANNEL
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
Merged with existing thread
0 Likes
TENNIS CHANNEL
tennis10s
Enthusiast - Level 1

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY NEGIOATIONS WITH THE TENNIS CHANNEL ARE TAKING SO LONG.  THE ONLY REASON I SIGNED ON FOR THE TV PLAN I HAVE IS SO  I COULD GET THE TENNIS CHANNEL.  I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE THIS SITUATION HAPPEND DURING THE US OPEN.  i EQUATE THAT TO FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS AND OTHER AMERICAN SPORTS EVENTS OF THIS MAGNATUDE. I ASSUME I WILL BE CREDITED FOR THE DAYS/WEEKS THAT I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE TENNIS CHANNEL.

THIS IS JUST THE CROWNING BLOW FOR ME.  I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH VERIZON BILLING AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET TO ANYONE WITH A REASONABLE EXPLANATION OF MY SITUATION.

I HOPE THIS EMAIL WILL GET SOME ATTENTION AND THAT I WILL BE CONTACTED BY A VERIZON MANAGER OR EVEN BETTER MR. IVAN SEIDENBURG.