Re: youtube widget / channel failure to delete
cnyguy

Has anyone heard an update on this?  I too need to get Youtube widget deleted from Fios TV.  I swear they use to give the option to remove widgets.   My kids don't need access to this but yet I can't restrict them from getting into it!

0 Likes
LovingMamma

Hi ... I understand your frustration. I had struggled with that for a while. A couple of things that has helped me ...

I signed with my YouTube account on my TV and every equipment I use I do sign in Then I restrict it with my Google set up. Which can't be removed from another equipment such as TV.

I have YouTube Red which help our family not watch not age appropriate commercials. Trust me I hate the fact that I have to spend $9.99 ... but it is so worth it. For one thing you save a lot of time and you dont' have to worry about what kind of commercial will have to pop up while your child is watching.

Hope it helps,

LovingMamma ...

0 Likes
Coldalg

I too have the same problem. The “Not Rated” content setting is blocked through parental controls, yet the You Tube channel/widget is still accessible. I have tried managing this through Verizon’s provided router, but the STB cannot be managed as an object in the parental control rules. I am not going to pay an additional fee/subscription to YouTube in order to restrict this content. At this point the only answer is to not allow my child access to Verizon services, or to cancel my subscription entirely.

0 Likes
Stacy19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just went through the same thing I want it removed also. I do not want my 8 year old on you tube! I am do ANGRY! 😠

0 Likes
Stacy19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just went through the same thing, I want youtube removed now! It should be able to be blocked or removed, at least when requested. Some one put it on why can't someone take it off? I do not want my 8 year old to be able to watch youtube! I am so ANGRY! 😠 if they don't figure out how to fix this I will be cancelling Fios!

Thatwaseasy_15

Same here, there is no purpose to block channels if you can view whatever you want on YouTube. I too spent 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon asking about deleting the widget and even though they know It cannot be blocked they go back and forth transferring you from tech to tech to get the same response, it cannot be blocked or removed. 

0 Likes
Pravin2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also facing same problem. The router parental control excludes TV cabel boxes. So you can not block youtube access from router. Also router parental control hardly works. I see most sites which store local DNS mapping can go through block easily. (Unless it is total device block).  Verizon has not paid much attention to use convineance or to parental control.  Menus on cable box are difficult to navigate. There is no way to block certain apps.  

needshelp411
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is so frustrating! All I want is it removed, or the option to block it. 

0 Likes
carolinekh

I just switched from Comcast to Verizon only to discover that I can not block youtube on Verizon Fios.  I may have to switch back to Comcast (which does enable Verizon to be blocked).  This is a BIG problem for parents with younger children - youtube has a lot of content that isn't appropriate for kids under 18.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got a tip from support.

Not a total fix, but might help.

Under settings within the widget, you can set an option to block inappropriate content.

Its not password protected, so won't stop curious kids.

But might help

0 Likes