1/14/2014 Update is terrible/annoying
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

1/14/2014 Update is terrible/annoying

So we get this NEW update on 1/14/2014  it is build number 17.17 

To say it is annoying is an understatment.  No one asked for this update and the NEW annoying ads outweigh any small improvements. 

1) When you push giude button the sides now have EMPTY wasted space.  Taking away 25% of HD screen. 

2) When you push giude button. There is a huge annoying Ad on the bottom.  With the same Ad all the time. This new AD on add is uncalled for and takes away from the guide experience.

3) When you push giude button.  You now see a Verizon Fios logo.  Why do I need to know I am on Verizon Fios.  I pay for the service and see your logo on my bill.

4) The new Tip of the day screensaver is annoying,but I can understand the motive behind it. 

Instead of making your excisting boxes more annoying.  Here is an idea.  How about bringing out the new Media 6 turner box as promised many years ago

Thanks

PS I am sure there are more annoying features added to this build.  That I will find at a latter date.  Maybe some posters here can add them to this thread and maybe Fios will reverse this build.

Re: 1/14/2014 Update is terrible/annoying
hrudy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The ads are enough for me to consider switching to Cablevision much as I don't like them.  I pay lots of $$$ for my TV/Phone/Internet and they have the nerve to bombard me with ads?

joker211
Contributor - Level 1

I agree.  Adds are ok on the VOD area.  Not in the guide area.

I remember when they changed the colors and made other changes.  We had to scream for an update.  Now they have the time to make an AD update and no time for the new box?

Remember the days that there were no TV ads on cable.  Those were the days

0 Likes
Louanewman1

Couldn't agree more. In addition, seems we have had our boxes updating every day since then. Does verizon know - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

0 Likes