Re: 1.6.1 FIX
izub
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am in Kenmore Wa (Seattle area) and I have 1.6.1   The sd picture is much improved. I am finding a few audio dropouts especially on NBC HD, and occassionally some warped pixillation/audio on VOD...overall seems like a  pretty good improvement
0 Likes
AirAgs

I have a Sony Bravia 37KDL4000 with 2 HDMI inputs.  I connected it to my HD STB (non DVR) via HDMI cables and there are problems.  I will get a picture and sound for about 5 seconds and then the screen turns blank (it turns green).  I continue to get sound, but do not get a picture.

I understand there are "handshake" issues between STB's and TV's when using HDMI connections, but Sony tells me that it has to do with the Motorola STB and its HDMI firmware.

I have avoided these issues by connecting via component cables, but I would prefer to use the HDMI connections.  Are there any downloads available to update the HDMI firmware on the HD STB?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@AirAgs wrote:

Are there any downloads available to update the HDMI firmware on the HD STB?

You can't download updates for the STB.  The only time an update is available is when Verizon pushes one.  Currently they have put on hold the latest update (version 1.6.1) due to problems found in the first area distribution (Verizon does staged updates by VHO).  A new distribution schedule is not known at this time.  One of the changes in 1.6.1 (I believe) is to fix some of the handshake issues.

0 Likes
AirAgs

OK, thanks.  Is this problem larger than Verizon anticipated?

0 Likes
zooky
Contributor - Level 1

@matcarl wrote:
Unfortunately no, you get what you get, bugs and all and have to wait until it's fixed, no turning back to a previous release.

O.K.   Is there anyplace for us to send a "wish list" to the FIOS developers?

0 Likes
tsk
Enthusiast - Level 3

@zooky wrote:

While not a formal/official list, there is this thread in this forum that is close: http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=1015

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Log on here:

http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/MyAccount/members/Home.aspx

Then use the "Send Feedback" link on the upper right.

@zooky wrote:

@matcarl wrote:
Unfortunately no, you get what you get, bugs and all and have to wait until it's fixed, no turning back to a previous release.

0 Likes
eddiem10

I saw a message that gave VOD numbers, cities and dates for the 1.6.1 update.  Can anyone tell me what VOD would cover Fairfax VA.  I saw VODs for Silver Spring MD, Richmond, VA and Norfolk, VA.   I'm hoping this update fixes the poor SD on HD-DVRs and still can't believe that it will have taken 8 months to get this new version.  I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I haven't done this correctly.

eddiem10 

0 Likes
sjbernst1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might have meant VHO (Video Hub Office) instead of VOD (Video On Demand).  Fairfax, VA is part of VHO4, which includes Northern Virginia, Montgomery (MD), Prince Georges(MD), Howard(MD), Anne Arundel(MD), and Baltimore City.

1-14-09
VHO12 Portland, OR, VHO13 Seattle, WA
1-27-09
VHO7 Freehold, NJ, VHO8 Philadelphia, PA
2-3-09
VHO15 Buffalo, NY, VHO14 Harrisburg, PA
2-10-09
VHO5 Queens, NY, VHO6 Burlington, MA
2-18-09
VHO4 Silver Spring, MD, VHO9 Richmond, VA, VHO9a Norfolk, VA
2-24-09
VHO2 Temple Terrace, FL, VHO10 Ft. Wayne, IN, VHO11 Pittsburg, PA
3-3-09
VHO1 Carrolton, TX , VHO3 Pomona, CA

These dates will be delayed/slipped due to audio problems encountered in VHO12 and VHO13.  The updated implementation dates have not been announced for the remaining VHOs.

0 Likes
eddiem10

For those of you who have been lucky enough to have gotten 1.6.1 with the SD PQ fixed, could you elaborate on whether this version has settings that allow one to adjust the sharpness back to that of 1.5.0 which was "stunning" compared to satellite SD.  One message indicated he had the compression set to "heavy" which implied some choice of settings.  Another earlier message indicate a future img version would have 6 settings where one could adjust the sharpness of the SD picture.  Is that in 1.6.1 or will that be in 1.7.0?????

Eddiem

0 Likes