Switch Account

1.6.1 FIX

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 71 of 110
(6,243 Views)

1. I am having problems with HD channels where they breakup, sound drops, and eventually says "Channel Unavaiable." I have read that this problem is caused by any of a host of things including HDMI cables, loose connections, and firmware. Are we saying that the 1.6.1 fix is expected to fix my issue. Also, does it address a problem with HDMI connections or is the Channel Unavaiable problem come from something else.  No the problem your thinking of is the currently unavailable bug on a 7xxx series stb.  If you were to call in to me in support and tell me the first line of this I immediatly think signal.  Call support. 

2. I live in Long Beach Caifornia, which about 35 miles from Pomona. I am serviced by VHO3 Pomona, CA? Yes

3. Right now I have pretty much lost Sci-fi HD, USA HD, and a few other channels. Is there any point in calling customer service? Can they do anything for the 6 weeks I have to wait for the update? After normal troubleshooting(if not done already) I feel a tech should be sent out for this.  The 7xxx series bug is an immediate currently unavailable message...your symptoms are a progressive deterioration.  Please cal 1-888-553-1555 and yell agent a few times at the robot. 

TheSanchez
Verizon Telecom
Verizon Content Management Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Contributor NickYS
Contributor
Message 72 of 110
(6,206 Views)

Thank you for the response. I will try all the fixes I have read about again just to be sure.

BTW The channels are dropping out on two TV's, one TV is using the HD-DVR, and the other is using a HD-Reciver only. Does that help narrow the problem down to a signal problem that will require a service tech?

Thanks again for the quick reply, I am dreading calling support because it always seems to make me mad. 🙂 So having a place like this to get some info before hand is great.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 73 of 110
(6,155 Views)

Please cal 1-888-553-1555 and yell agent a few times at the robot. 

Different subject: The Robot  I had a stroke which mangled my vocal chords.  As a resul, the "robot" can't understand what I'm saying.  This makes for a truly exasperating call trying to reach Tech Support, etc.  Anyway to "avoid" the robot?

Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 74 of 110
(6,014 Views)
It was just reported that 1.6.1 has been delayed due to the audio problems in OR & WA
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 75 of 110
(6,009 Views)

@zooky wrote:

Please cal 1-888-553-1555 and yell agent a few times at the robot. 

Different subject: The Robot  I had a stroke which mangled my vocal chords.  As a resul, the "robot" can't understand what I'm saying.  This makes for a truly exasperating call trying to reach Tech Support, etc.  Anyway to "avoid" the robot?

Most can be bypassed if you dont say anything. 

Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 76 of 110
(6,013 Views)

@matcarl wrote:
It was just reported that 1.6.1 has been delayed due to the audio problems in OR & WA
That sucks, but also good. I want to my Streaming HD fixed, but its nicethat they are going to fix it before they roll out to everyone. 

Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 77 of 110
(5,895 Views)

Hopefully it won't take long and we will get some new roll out dates soon.

@matcarl wrote:

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 78 of 110
(5,887 Views)
I'm coming over from Direct TV (next Mon).  They have what is called "Cutting Edge" releases which are Beta in nature - as such you takes your chances, if it's broke don't yell at them (you can always re-install the released product).  As such, you're a testor (don't you dare get teste with them - OR ELSE).  Anything like that available from Verizon?
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 79 of 110
(5,871 Views)
Unfortunately no, you get what you get, bugs and all and have to wait until it's fixed, no turning back to a previous release.
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 80 of 110
(5,872 Views)

This would be a nice addition for those that want to try the cutting edge software before release.  I'd be interested for sure.  As long as their was a way to get the current production release anytime I wanted.

@zooky wrote:
I'm coming over from Direct TV (next Mon).  They have what is called "Cutting Edge" releases which are Beta in nature - as such you takes your chances, if it's broke don't yell at them (you can always re-install the released product).  As such, you're a testor (don't you dare get teste with them - OR ELSE).  Anything like that available from Verizon?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.