Re: 1.6.1 killed my audio
Buzz
As stated earlier I also lost my optical audio.  I have a 7216 with HDMI going straight to the tv and an optical cable going to my Sony receiver.  The sound does not work for most channels (a couple channels seem to occasionaly work) through either the tv or receiver.  I have tried changing each audio setting many times, but that did not help.  What should I do now?  I was on hold for one hour and twenty minutes tonight for technical support and then had to hang up before anyone answered.  I won't be able to call technical support again this week (unless I could talk with someone within a few minutes).  I did hook up the tv to the 7216 using old RCA cables and the sound and picture work, but it certainly does not look very good.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Buzz please advise me of your settings please see below

everyone I need you to check your volume settings to make sure they didn't default to 0.

please post everything under the Menu.....Settings......Audio.......

Should be Volume Control, Audio Format, Volume Control, and Dynamic Range please.

also if you have hdmi connected and are experiencing no sound

User Settings - Additional HDMI Settings :
Audio Output - Auto, L-PCM, Passthrough
0 Likes
Buzz

So, has everyone else that has this problem been able to fix it?  If so, how?

Techman, under menu - settings - audio I tried every different combination there is and nothing helped.

Yes, as I posted earlier, I have hdmi from the STB to the tv and most channels have no sound.  Some do, and some make an awful racket, but most channels do not have sound.  Some channels that did have sound, when I went back to them later, they didn't.  I also have a optical cable from the STB to a receiver and the results are the same.

At the bottom of your email there is:

Is the above additional settings I am supposed to check?  If so, how? 

0 Likes
freeridehero

Well...  strangest thing.  Audio works just fine and I changed nothing.  This morning the audio was "skipping" and now it's not.  I tried a bunch of channels: HD, SD, big network, everything works.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

@Buzz wrote:

So, has everyone else that has this problem been able to fix it?  If so, how?

Techman, under menu - settings - audio I tried every different combination there is and nothing helped.

Yes, as I posted earlier, I have hdmi from the STB to the tv and most channels have no sound.  Some do, and some make an awful racket, but most channels do not have sound.  Some channels that did have sound, when I went back to them later, they didn't.  I also have a optical cable from the STB to a receiver and the results are the same.

At the bottom of your email there is:

Is the above additional settings I am supposed to check?  If so, how? 

Buzz tell me what the settings are there. To get there turn the stb on as well as the TV press power select menu right after each other and will take you to the user setting screen below. Screen shot # 2 is the one we are looking at. what's the info there 

user settings

additional HDMI settings

0 Likes
Buzz
I got home from work today, and mine is fixed too.  All the boxes are now set to show the channel instead of the time, so I must have gotten new software or something.
0 Likes