Re: 1.6.2
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi ,

I received the so called 1.6.2 fix on 3/24/09 .im located in VHO6A.  the issue with bad pq  on standard channels is still  the same  fuzzy ghosting and dull. i had been waiting for this update since last october. what gives? i have the 6416 -p2 stb i  am totally disappointed with verizon. are there any settings i should use with the sd override . presently i have the video set to 1080i with the over ride set to off. i have tried all settings  off , 480i  480p  and stretch all of which do nothing TECHMAN if you read this please help  thanks                                                                                                                                 

0 Likes
majicman10211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, ok, how long have these forums been around?  I used to be a huge contributor on the Comcast forums before I switched to FiOS.  Great to see these active!

My question is this: Does anyone know when Pittsburgh will be getting 1.6.2?  Also, is there an easy way to tell what CO I'm out of?

Thanks guys!  I look forward to becoming a very active contributor around here! 🙂 

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

@majicman10211 wrote:

Wow, ok, how long have these forums been around?  I used to be a huge contributor on the Comcast forums before I switched to FiOS.  Great to see these active!

My question is this: Does anyone know when Pittsburgh will be getting 1.6.2?  Also, is there an easy way to tell what CO I'm out of?

Thanks guys!  I look forward to becoming a very active contributor around here! 🙂 

Welcome to the forums 🙂

The latest release schedule was posted here:  http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_TV&thread.id=8917

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Techman, What happened to today's rollout? Was the date changed? Thanks.
0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI JUST TALKED TO TECH SUPPORT LAST NIGHT AFTER RECEIVING 1.6.2 UPDATEE WITH NO IMPROVEMENT ON STD CHANNELS . THEY HINTED IT COULD BE PROBLEM WITH MY SONY BRAVIA   NO WAY>I HAVE IT CONFIGURED TO SETTINGS RECOMENDED BY SONY SUPPORT   HD IS GREAT  SD  SUCKS  BOTTOM LINE IS VERIZON IS COMING THIS WEEKEND TO SWAP MY 6416 FOR 7216 ALSO THEY SAID SD COULD BE BETTER USING COMPOSITE WIRE INSTEAD OF HDMI   ANYBODY HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON USING COMPOSITE WIRE INSTEAD OF HDMI ?

0 Likes
kschles
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've got the 7216 and 7100 STBs. SD programming looks pretty good (still have the 1.6.0 firmware).  Of course, HD looks a lot better.  I use HDMI cables to a Sony and a Samsung.  Suggest you initially try the HDMI hook-up when they deliver the new STB and see how it looks.
0 Likes
larryh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jetpeak,

I just got my update also.  Pretty much no improvement in SD quality as you and many others have observed.  I am using an HDMI hookup, but I'd be surprised if using component helps.  The reason I say that is that when I had comcast, I used both HDMI and component and PQ was the same (excellent).  I may experiment, but bottom line is that I now don't have a spare component hookup on my TV and it shouldn't make a difference anyway.  I can't believe Verizon couldn't get this right.  My question to you: what did you say to Verizon that made them willing to come and switch boxes for you?  My impression from other comments in this forum was that unless your box was broken, they wouldn't replace it.  Maybe we can just define "broken" as lousy SD PQ.

0 Likes
jetpeak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Larry when i talked to tech support this week i told them i had this problem sinse last october after upgrade to hd 6416 stb

i reported it then and it was suggested to wait for 1.6.1 fix which never happened as i said in last post i did receive 1.6.2  which has no fix  the tech had me changing wires to try different hookups  tried running coax directly from wall to tv   no go

then he did a diagnostic through box he said  that box seemed ok .thats when i mentioned  fios forumns telling him that this issue is a nation wide problem and if it doesnt get resolved i will be switching back to cox cable he then said  well try a 7216 box  which im scheduled to get this saturday. he also said some tv,s have had issue with handshake protocol.  which i dont accept  at least not with my sony bravia  sony tech support reaffirmed that my tv was not the problem. it all comes down to how good a signal tv is receiving from verizon  so  thats where im at now  ill find out this sat. and will report to forumn how i make out   .

thanks jetpeak

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
I am not please with the 1.6.2. It did nothing for my SD and actully looks worse on my set. 1080 out with HDMI. Even when I do not stretch it and have SD overide off. Oh well. I guess the 6416 is junk, and the 7000 series is what is required to not see a fuzzy picture.
0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

I live in Staten Island, NY and I just wanted to report that I am very happy with the 1.6.2 fix. I was concerned that the "HUB" error would never be resolved. After watching many shows in my bedroom I can say that the problem no longer exsists. Just resolving that problem is a huge upgrade in my eyes. Another thing I did notice on my HD set in my main room was that the SD ch's have improved a great deal. The SD ch's always were pretty good on my garbage sets, but on my HD tv they were very blurry. Now I noticed a sharper detail to all the Sd ch's. I still don't watch them....HD is all I am worried about. Thanks Verizon.

NOW PLEASE WORK ON THE GUIDE!!

0 Likes