1.6 in Southern California updated this morning...
josst10
Enthusiast - Level 1
Woke up to no program guide, un;plugged and rebooted and it came as it was supposed to on the 23rd...Remote DVR is not working as of yet however. 
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 1.6 in Southern California updated this morning...
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ahh yes I believe this is about to be released as its still in beta testing there are about 52 people in the beta test that got acceped last week.

View solution in original post

Techman28
Master - Level 1
what are you meaning as a result of the remote DVR the MRDVR or the select programs to record from the internet.
0 Likes
josst10
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the FAQ page found hereit has instructions to verify if it is working.

www36.verizon.com/fiostv/MyAccount/Members/RemoteDVRInfo.aspx

"How do I verify if I have Remote DVR service?
On your main Home Media DVR go to Main Menu > Settings. If you see a listing for 'FiOS TV Remote DVR' under Settings that means you are enabled for Remote DVR."
When I do this there is no option as it states there should be.  
Thank you for asking and helping.  
John
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ahh yes I believe this is about to be released as its still in beta testing there are about 52 people in the beta test that got acceped last week.
josst10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!!! Is it sad that by simply answering my question you have just provided me with the best customer service ever from Verizon? 

This is a chat transcript between myself and Cheniqua last week.

Chat Subject: FiOS
A Verizon eCenter Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you. (10:56:17)
Agent Cheniqua has joined. (10:56:22)
Cheniqua: Chat ID for this session is 10150829540. (10:56:22)
Cheniqua(10:56:27): Hello. Welcome to Verizon's chat service. How may I help you today?
Me(10:58:20): hello i am trying to find out how i can update my 6416 box to a 7216....how can i do that? Account Number ********* in CA
Cheniqua(10:59:20): You can upgrade your FiOS TV box, by contacting our FiOS Solutions Center directly at (888) 553-1555.
Me(10:59:55): they never know what i am talking about and tell me i cannot do that
Cheniqua(11:02:21): Verizon FiOS Solutions Center can assist you with upgrading to any available box that we offer.
Me(11:04:10): haaa...I'm glad Verizon added this chat capability to add yet another form of crappy customer service for the customer...All you are doing is telling me to call a number that is not helping me, do you understand this?
Cheniqua(11:05:36): For assistance, please contact our FiOS Solutions Center directly by telephone at (888) 553-1555. The department to which we have referred you will be able to assist you. Thank you for using Verizon's chat service.
Your session is now closed.
Thank you,
have a nice day. 

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Josst10

I am getting additional info and it may go completly Live next week. I will edit this post when I decrypt the info I have so everyone will understand it 🙂

The following should have the capability for remote DVR:

Oregon, Washington, Virginia.

The Rest of us will most likely see it Next week but that is tentative

Message Edited by Techman28 on 10-23-2008 12:48 PM
0 Likes
Technoman40

Techman28

It is amazing that you are able to supply some information that no one in Customer service, or technical support was able to supply me with on Saturday. 

There is nothing in Fios TV Central that states it is limited to anywhere, and calling into customer service and technical support only got me the response

"I have never heard of that", even after I pointed them to the web link.  Then the technical support person proceeded to argue with me and tell me that "I needed

to download Media Manager". 

I informed him that he was sadly mistaken, and that he needed to read the ENTIRE set of FAQ's.  He finally recanted and said it would not require media manager, but

had no explaination of why it wasn't available to me. 

It would be nice if Verizon was going to put this kind of information on the web, that they would state it was only in certian area's and name those area's.

By the way, it sure doesn't look to be available in Dallas Texas area.

Message Edited by Technoman40 on 10-27-2008 06:00 PM
0 Likes
josst10
Enthusiast - Level 1

*UPDATED*  -  just submitted to this thread and I believe it should be fixed. 

Hey techman28,

I received a new message on my box that the remote DVR is ready however it still doesnt seem right.

From website:

How do I verify if I have Remote DVR service?

On your main Home Media DVR go to Main Menu > Settings. If you see a listing for 'FiOS TV Remote DVR' under Settings that means you are enabled for Remote DVR

Upon doing so, i go to >Web Accessand it says 'Status: Not activated' and tells me to go to the www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral...It also shows the correct loginID that I alwasy use at that site.

All you need to do is log in to FiOS TV Central. If you are eligible for Remote DVR, you will be asked to activate Remote DVR service on your first login.

This is the step I have not been asked to complete.  

Any ideas.  

Thanks, 

John
Message Edited by josst10 on 11-12-2008 04:10 PM
0 Likes
IBASEBALL
Enthusiast - Level 3
I live in an area where this is active, but I have not been prompted to activate "FIOS TV Remote DVR" when I have logged into fiostvcentral.  My HMDVR says "Not Activated".  How do I force an activation?  Is that possible?  I have a Parental Pin active, could that be interferring?  Does it matter how you log into fiostvcentral?  Is it better to log in with the .net info?
0 Likes
IBASEBALL
Enthusiast - Level 3

AFTER I LOGGED IN USING THE ORIGINAL LOGINID THAT THE INSTALLER HAD ME SETUP, FIOSTVCENTRAL DID AT THAT TIME PROMPT ME TO ACTIVATE THE FIOS REMOTE DVR FEATURE!  VERY COOL FEATURE!!!

0 Likes