1.9: Graphics settings 16:9 / 4:3 prompt appears every time I turn on TV
ballanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been hard getting through on the phone this week, probably due to all of the old curmudgeons whining about the new guide.  So here goes...

Every time I turn on my STB and TV I now get the question on whether my TV is 16:9 or 4:3.  It only happens on the STB that I have routed through my AV receiver.  When I plug the STB directly into the TV it knows the TV is 16:9 and doesnt ask me.  Is there a way to make the STB remember this setting when I route the signal through an AV receiver?  It is annoying to have to answer the same question every time I turn on the TV.  If not, then please consider this a bug for a future update.  Thank you.

P.S. EVERYTHING else about the new update RULES!  (including the guide). 

0 Likes
Re: 1.9: Graphics settings 16:9 / 4:3 prompt appears every time I turn on TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is nothing in the STB that can be set to override this. There might be a setting that could be tweaked in the AV receiver though, but we would be no help locating it. I apologize there are incompatibly issues with your AV receiver. We try to make our products as compatible with most products. Yours just happens to be a problematic one. Instead of running both audio and video to your AV receiver, run just audio through a SPDIF cable to the receiver and Video through component to the TV.

0 Likes
Re: 1.9: Graphics settings 16:9 / 4:3 prompt appears every time I turn on TV
ballanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discovered the source and workaround for this issue.  The TV is powered on after the STB, which means the STB doesnt know where the signal is going, so it has to ask what type of resolution I want.  If I turn on the TV before the STB then I have no problem.... the 16:9 resolution is selected automatically, and I dont get the screen that asks me my resolution.  I use a Harmony remote, so thankfully I can program this sequence as a macro.  Verizon might want to look at making the TV resolution a setting you can save though, for the benefit of people who dont have a $300 add-on remote like me.

0 Likes