1.9 dvr playback issue
bsantelli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

HELP - ever since receiving the 1.9 software, I have 1-2 programs each night that won't play.  I have two dvr's (6414) and record about 4-8 programs per dvr each night - the last couple of days since the 1.9 push, I have 1 program a night that won't play the next day (or later that night).  No rhyme or reason - sometimes on one dvr, sometimes on the other one.  all differnt chanels - Sometimes it's when 2 shows are recording on the same dvr, sometimes when it's the only one recording.  when I try to play it back, blue half screen comes up with play button, timeline, etc - but live tv keeps playing (box says play) - then after 30 secs screen goes black then after 15 or so secs goes to the play, delete screen.

called tech support - unplugged box, reset box, etc, etc - still can't play the program from last night.  program before it plays, program after it plays. 

HELP - needless to say we become to rely on our dvr's and I have two dvr's, two hd boxes and one sd box - my monthly $$$ is quite high - I expect NOT to lose recordings like this.

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 1.9 dvr playback issue
bsantelli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got new dvr's that seem to have fixed the issue.  they are they 7214 - have them for about 2 weeks and not one occurence of the playback issue. 

unfortunately, tech support was not helpful - I ended up ordering two new dvr boxes, made sure they worked, then sent the old ones back.  cost me $9.99 each box for shipping!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the recordings. I have sent you a private message.

srgp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told it is a firmware problem.  If this is not fixed soon everyone should look for a hefty refund.

0 Likes
srgp
Enthusiast - Level 1

what is the solution?

0 Likes
hross1

I am having the same issue. Has anyone heard of any way to correct this?? I am missing out on a lot of programming. Thank you

0 Likes
summertime696

I'm another customer with the exact same problem.  Several recordings per night not working. 

0 Likes
halftheproblem

I'm having an issue that sounds like the same thing. I don't know if it's due to an upgrade or what. My DVR shows that it recorded an entire show. Sometimes a few minutes into the show, the screen will freeze and then go to the menu screen for me to restart or delete the show. Sometimes I make it midway into the show. The minutes recorded clearly reflect much more of the program should be viewable. This is really frustrating as I too am very dependant on DVR'd shows. If I can catch the show on ON DEMAND, I don't mind as much (unless I made it mid-way thru the show and it's an ABC show that doesn't allow me to fastforward - that's frustrating)...but I too am spending $$$ to have this feature and am losing a good bit of recordings to this issue. I would like to hear a fix.

0 Likes
pauln1

same issue here. its been a problem for a year or two. we had multiple new stb's sent out and continue to have the same issue. it used to be a couple times a month that we would lose a show but now it is multiple times a week and that is simply unacceptable considering how much money we pay for the fios tv service. it appears to be an internal issue of some sort with the dvr harddrive on this stb model and when i talk to verizon customer support they have no clue what is going on and they have never heard of this problem. i go through all of the troubleshooting with them and they end up sending out another stb which apparently is the "best" box they offer yet it always has the same dvr freezing up and not recording habit. i bet comcast, dish, directv, etc would at least offer dvr's that actually record digital video when you would like it to. 

0 Likes
Dctsports
Hey Anthony - do you have any idea when they will fix this problem and how they will make good on it? I have heard it is quite common with the upgrade. The upgrade features are great, but this issue far outweighs any improvements.
Thank you.
0 Likes
bsantelli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got new dvr's that seem to have fixed the issue.  they are they 7214 - have them for about 2 weeks and not one occurence of the playback issue. 

unfortunately, tech support was not helpful - I ended up ordering two new dvr boxes, made sure they worked, then sent the old ones back.  cost me $9.99 each box for shipping!!!

0 Likes