1 hour time shift problem
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

Over the last year this issue has appeared about 15 times. We turn on the TV and realize the program we're watching is 1-hour old. The only way to correct this issue is to unplug the box and plug it back in. The box we have now is the Arris VMS1100.

0 Likes
Re: 1 hour time shift problem
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Under Menu Support Top Support tools there is an option to fix Wrong time in guide.

Try that next time to see if it corrects the issue.

blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

It took me a while to find that option but I did. I will try it next time my issue happens but rebooting the box corrects my issue too - at least for a few days or weeks until it happens again.

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

This problem happened 2 more times since I first posted this. Restoring the box through the menu takes the same 3 to 5 minutes to work. I would like to know what is the cause of this problem ? Software glitch or bug ?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@blueribb wrote:

This problem happened 2 more times since I first posted this. Restoring the box through the menu takes the same 3 to 5 minutes to work. I would like to know what is the cause of this problem ? Software glitch or bug ?

Personally it could be a bad set top box. But if the video guide is coming from the Verizon router it’s possible the NTD was probably not polled correctly. So the network time was not set as it should.

now since I don’t use Fios for tv but have used set top boxes with Time Warner cable there was an update pushed out in different times.

you might want to check for your proper time zone (EDT, PST, MST) which if set wrong will give you an incorrect time. Normally in the router or with Fios maybe in their settings. Now like I said it could be a bad set top box. So if all else fails call them and get it replaced.

Good Luck

0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

Our box displays the correct time so I doubt it's a time-zone issue. Also, this issue only appears about once a month, randomly.

Thanks for the ideas though.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes