$125 upfront fee for triple play install
downfall21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is everyone else getting charged this fee? I could see getting charged if you were not an existing verizon customer.

But we have been telephone and internet customers for 9 years now. Our account is always paid in full so I don't

even know what this charge is for.

I can't find anywhere on the signup page where it says you have to pay $125. Can someone please explain this to me?

0 Likes
Re: $125 upfront fee for triple play install
jmartinez
I got Fios Installed last month and did not pay anything upfront.
Message Edited by jmartinez on 03-15-2009 03:58 AM
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@downfall21 wrote:

Is everyone else getting charged this fee? I could see getting charged if you were not an existing verizon customer.

But we have been telephone and internet customers for 9 years now. Our account is always paid in full so I don't

even know what this charge is for.

I can't find anywhere on the signup page where it says you have to pay $125. Can someone please explain this to me?

How many TVs are you requesting be hooked up?  Verizon charges for each one over 3.  Also if you need to have new coax runs installed they may charge additional (supposed to but up to the individual installer).

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Perhaps FIOS is doing credit checks. I have not heard of this charge. Usually they want you to do an agreement, and only charge for extra installation work. If you ask to have all your service canceled because your are moving everything to a cable company, they may wave the charge.
0 Likes
downfall21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was charged this fee right after I ordered my service. I only had 3 TV's installed and I ran all RG6, CAT5, CAT3, and a dedicated power circuit in advance of the install. So this was not a charge for extra services. I guess I should call my CC company and dispute

the charge since I never agreed to it.

0 Likes
fiostvman
Enthusiast - Level 3

As the other posters have said, there is no installation charge for the first 3 TV's and if they don't have to run any additional wires.  Before you call your cc company, why don't you call Verizon and have the charge clarified first. 

That would be the first appropriate step.

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
It would indeed be best to call Verizon before cancelling any charges on your credit card. It has been my experience that Verizon billing can be flawed from time to time. If you cancel the charge without contacting Verizon it may actually increase your billing issue with Verizon.
Message Edited by Joe01880 on 03-15-2009 03:19 PM
0 Likes
BeachMom
Verizon has recently begun to do credit checks before installing FiOS TV; the $125 is NOT an installation fee but a refundable deposit that should only be held for the length of your one-year contract.  You will get this money back later, and I would guess you also are getting a $150 gift card for the Triple Play, so that should ease the fee a bit!
0 Likes