Re: 2/3 of 3D VOD movie trailers not working on LG 55LW5600WE
PamolaSmith

We have an LG 7600 series 3D TV that shows beautiful content through LG's streaming video but has the split screen on Verizon on demand. I can choose to split my screen vertically or horizontally with my Verizon remote but sadly no 3D. This thread started over a year ago but the 3 technicians I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with had never heard of it. They all asked the same questions - "Are you using an HDMI cable?" "Are you sure you ordered a 3D movie?" "Are you sure your TV is working?". They treated me like an idiot when they had no clue what was going on. 

Verizon,what's going on???  Since this problem has been known for at least a year,why hasn't it been fixed and why are your technicians completely untrained on the issue?

Spoiler

0 Likes
Re: 2/3 of 3D VOD movie trailers not working on LG 55LW5600
tbene
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with a Mitsubishi 73742....

Is it only the reviews that don't work?  I haven't tried to actually rent a movie yet.

0 Likes
Piranha713

Hello,

I HAVE SOLVED YOUR ISSUE

I had the excact same problem that you guys had, but I decided to take the risk and purchase the full version in 3D and it worked fine.

This was for the movie Dredd, where the trailer didn't work but when I purchesed it, it did work. I cannot gurantee that it will work with other movies but I suggest you give it a shot.

Good luck!

P.S. I dont reccomend themove Dredd.

0 Likes
Friar2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just bought a new LG 55LM8600 and am having the same problem described here with the 3D VOD trailers.  Streaming 3D from LG works fine.  Has anyone else tried buying a VOD 3D movie via Fios and had success as described by Piranha713?  I was on the verge of sending the TV back to Amazon as defective.  Maybe I'll risk the 8 bucks for the Hobbit and give it a try, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Thanks

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may have to set the STB/DVR to use Native mode.  Ie 720P top bottom and 1080i sbs.

0 Likes
Friar2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the tip.  Can you tell me how to do that?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assuming you are using Motorola boxes

With the STB and tv hit the power off button (on the stb) then select (ok) and menu on the remote.  Timing is sometimes tricky.  If you do it right you should see a text menu.

Go down to the HDMI/YPbPr output option and push right to change until you see Native.  Go down and make sure the options for what resolutions  your TV support are correct (some had to do this first and then switch to native).  Then turn STB off and you should be done.

I believe the CISCO boxes can be done from the regular settings menus.

Friar2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have a Motorola box.  I'll give it a try and see if it works and let you know.  Will making this change affect anything else?  I was really hoping it was a content issue with Fios and not have to do anything to correct 🙂

0 Likes
Friar2
Enthusiast - Level 1

TNS, you were right about the timing of the steps being tricky.  I was just about to give up when I saw the text menu briefly flash on the screen.  That renewed my confidence and after a couple of more tries, I was able to make the change to "native".  All resolutions selected looked correct for the tv, so I powered off STB and turned it back on again.  Next I tried playing "The Hobbit" trailer on VOD again with the same result. 

We're having neighbors over in about an hour, so I can't play anymore today.  I think I'll try Piranha's suggestion tomorrow and rent the movie and see it it plays ok, as he did with the movie Dredd.  A more 'scientific" approach would be to rent Dredd, but I have no interest in watching that anyway 🙂  I'll let you know what happens next.

In the meantime, thanks to you, I've learned alot more about both my new tv and the STB.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
pcr42

Anything come of this? Just curious as it's now 2017 and I have the same problem with using 3D with On Demand movies through Fios. I have not tried to rent a movie to see if the issue is just with the trailers. In my situation I have an Epson projector which seems to work fine with other 3D content.

0 Likes