2 DVR's - Multi Hub - Multi Room
scooterats

My understanding is that multi hub function is available with 1.9. I am unable to activate it even though 1.9 was pushed out to me yesterday. The question I am asking relates to two dvrs and the multi hub. Currently I have a multi room dvr and a set-top box. I have added another dvr as well. So I am set up with 2 dvrs and a set-top box. Is it possible with the multi hub function to watch a recording on one dvr on the other dvr? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: 2 DVR's - Multi Hub - Multi Room
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

It most certainly is ... I just got a second DVR since the networks this fall seem to have all conspired with one another to put the shows I watch on at the same time on the same nights (thus I needed more than 2 tuners of recording capability).  All I had to do was activate it and then enable it for multi-room -- no need to call Vz or anything.   At that point all the other STB's including the other DVR in the house all started giving the option to view programs on the new DVR.   It's been working great.  I did have to select "refresh devices" on one or two of the STB's before they saw the new DVR.  I am running IMG 1.9a (which is what I believe is being actively pushed out to everyone who's currently getting the 1.9 deployments).

0 Likes
Bull_07

I only have 2 DVR's. If I sign up for the Multiroom and Multihub, am I able to watch any show from either DVR.

For instance say I have DVR A and DVR B

Will DVR A be able to watch shows that were recorded on DVR B

Will DVR B be able to watch shows that were recorded on DVR A

0 Likes
Bull_07

Actually just answered my own question.  I got impatient and called.  Funny thing is The frist rep had no idea what Multi Hub was, the second rep thought you could only watch shows from one not both, third rep confirmed and now it's working.

Wahoo.  I'm so excited.

0 Likes