2 Fios Issues
gamblor33

Can anyone help with these issues we're having?

1) The OK button has stopped working. We tried switching remotes and the OK button works on the upstairs TV but not on the downstairs TV.

2) Everytime we turn the cable box on, we get the white diagnostics screen. How do I get rid of this?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: 2 Fios Issues
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried power restting the box for both issues?

For the second, does the box finally boot all on its own?

0 Likes
OK Button stopped working and we get the grey diagnostics screen
steelcuda

For some reason the "OK" button no longer selects a channel from the guide or other menu options.  Also, when we power on the box it goes to a gray diagnostic menu.  This just started happening.  No reason why.  We've tried other remotes and had the same result.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: OK Button stopped working and we get the grey diagnostics screen
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
gamblor33

Yes, we've power resetted the box and the box will finally boot.

I spoke with Verizon who had me do a few things. The problem did not fix itself so I was sent a new box. The new box does the same thing. I again called Verizon only to be placed on hold for 30 minutes with the rep never coming back so I need to call them again.

An interesting new development is the issues are resolving themselves some days only to have the problem back the next day. Friday night it suddenly started working again and Saturday it was working fine and then it stopped working Sunday. Sunday night it started working again only to stop working Monday morning.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gamblor33,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rider3
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same issues.  Some days the channels are good.  Next not so.  We had a Verizon support tech check the connections and cable outside and signal inside -- all is good he said.  On our 3rd recent box (in about 6 months I believe), which by the way, are not refurbished or remanufactued -- they come with the previous customer's dust bunnies.  The 2nd one obviously wasn't even tested because the HDMI output did not work.  I don't like watching SD RF output on a HDTV.  Looking at ditching FiOS unless there are other things to check/fix.  I've spent an afternoon last weekend working with Verizon to fix the problems, so maybe I should get a paycheck?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rider,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Flyers2853

I just started having the same issue. Out of nowhere today my remote registers that I am hitting the okay button, and the box recognizes the ok button being pressed but nothing happens. I have to push the button maybe 10 or 20 times to get anything to happen. I've only had service  since May 2017. I've tried resetting my router and cable box by unplugging for 30 seconds and plugging back in and the issue still occurs. A weird white screen with diagnostic information pops up but I can't do anything with it and then it goes away and the box starts up normally.

0 Likes
hal0428

I had the same problem.  The fios phone tech asked if there was anything sitting on the top of the STB.  YES there was and it was continuously pressing one of the buttons located there.  PROBLEM SOLVED

0 Likes