Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

2 Verizon DVRs to 6 TVs

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

2 Verizon DVRs to 6 TVs

Message 1 of 6
(4,272 Views)

I said goodbye to Directv and I am starting over. I am trying to design a system with limited boxes going to several TVs.

I would be using a 2 - Celabs C5T6 distribtion hub and 5 CAT5RX receivers to distribute the signals from 2 HD DVRs, all in a rack. This system has IR capability. Can anyone confirm the Verizon HD DVR IR plug in the back is active. I have read where there is a plug but no electronics hooked to it.

Also, will Verizon every increase the Hard Drive size, 20 hours of HD is a joke.

Other options

TIVO boxes ... I would never recover my money !

A Verizon box for each TV, I would be paying for boxes that only get used ocassionally (some once a month).

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: 2 Verizon DVRs to 6 TVs

Message 2 of 6
(4,271 Views)

Yes the IR on the back of 7xxx series  DVR's are active

Frank
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(4,268 Views)

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(4,084 Views)

How can I get the verizon remotes to send an independent signal, or get the stb's to look for an independent signal.

Use case -- two tv's on one wall, both boxes behind the scenes in a closet. Will send RF to change channel, but I don't want to change the channel on both stb's, just one.

Yes, I can watch two football games at once.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 5 of 6
(4,060 Views)

Afraid your out of luck on this one. All Verizon STB's use the same IR frequency and there is no way to have them differentiate between signals.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 6
(3,991 Views)

the IR does not work on all stb's,   like the 6400 series motorola,   those are IR's that enable the motorola box to control VCR's while recording a selected program.,  on the 7000 and 2500's series those are IR remote blasters, which are used for infrared and remote controls.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.