2 Verizon DVRs to 6 TVs
ajdoug

I said goodbye to Directv and I am starting over. I am trying to design a system with limited boxes going to several TVs.

I would be using a 2 - Celabs C5T6 distribtion hub and 5 CAT5RX receivers to distribute the signals from 2 HD DVRs, all in a rack. This system has IR capability. Can anyone confirm the Verizon HD DVR IR plug in the back is active. I have read where there is a plug but no electronics hooked to it.

Also, will Verizon every increase the Hard Drive size, 20 hours of HD is a joke.

Other options

TIVO boxes ... I would never recover my money !

A Verizon box for each TV, I would be paying for boxes that only get used ocassionally (some once a month).

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: 2 Verizon DVRs to 6 TVs
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Yes the IR on the back of 7xxx series  DVR's are active

0 Likes
ajdoug

Thanks

0 Likes
tx_rick

How can I get the verizon remotes to send an independent signal, or get the stb's to look for an independent signal.

Use case -- two tv's on one wall, both boxes behind the scenes in a closet. Will send RF to change channel, but I don't want to change the channel on both stb's, just one.

Yes, I can watch two football games at once.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Afraid your out of luck on this one. All Verizon STB's use the same IR frequency and there is no way to have them differentiate between signals.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the IR does not work on all stb's,   like the 6400 series motorola,   those are IR's that enable the motorola box to control VCR's while recording a selected program.,  on the 7000 and 2500's series those are IR remote blasters, which are used for infrared and remote controls.

0 Likes