2ND MultiRoom DVR
DHaines1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I order a second DVR will I be able to request a QIP7232-P2 when I order it ?

In a 2 DVR setup are you able to schedule between the 2 DVR's ?

0 Likes
Re: 2ND MultiRoom DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can not specify what kind of DVR will be sent out.

What do you mean schedule between the 2 DVR's. Please provide more information.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

DHaines,

You can schedule recordings between 2 DVR's but the only recordings that you will be able to view at any location are those recorded on the DVR marked as the Multiroom DVR.    The recordings from the second DVR will be available only at the location where the second DVR is located. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tonya D

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

TonyaD's assessment is not entire correct.   If you are running IMG 1.9a on your STB's, you can indeed view shows recorded on either DVR on any other STB in the house (including the other DVR).   It's called MultiHub and it's a feature that's new to the 1.9 IMG.  I do this all the time.

As for scheduling, you can manipulate recorded shows between the two DVR's, but you can NOT schedule a show to record on the other DVR (a definite missing feature).  I've had to either go setup the recording on the second DVR initially or use the remote DVR app from my iPad to set it up.

As others have indicated, it would appear that you can't specify which DVR you get (I had requested that my new DVR be a 7232, but received the older model instead -- no matter as it's functionally equivalent -- I just added an external 2TB eSATA drive to it and now it actually has more capacity than my primary 7232).

0 Likes
DHaines1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all of your reply's.

So with 1.9 I'll have to use the phone app. That won't be too bad.

One last question on this setup...  Is there a limit to how many HD streams can be viewed / recorded at once?  i.e.   recording 4 programs while watching 2 others on non dvr stb's would this be an issue?

0 Likes