2nd TV
davidson

Would like to hook up a temporary 2nd TV outdoors, hooked up to my existing STB which is indoors.  What is involved, a splitter, AB switch, etc.....and how would I set up a remote.....

Thanks, whomever for your help in advance.

Davidson 

0 Likes
Re: 2nd TV
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
There are a few ways to approach this. You can hook up a two way splitter out of the back of the STB. One side will go to your currect tv and the other side to the outdoor tv. Whatever channel is on the STB inside is what is on the tv outside. Another way is to run coax from where you want the tv outside to the closest splitter and move your STB when you are outside. You can also go the A/B switch route and only one TV will be on at a time. It depends on your preference and how far away you are talking about.
0 Likes
Re: 2nd TV
prisaz
Legend

@davidson wrote:

Would like to hook up a temporary 2nd TV outdoors, hooked up to my existing STB which is indoors.  What is involved, a splitter, AB switch, etc.....and how would I set up a remote.....

Thanks, whomever for your help in advance.

Davidson 

Here is a link to an article that talks about RF Remote Extenders. Places an infared transmitter in range of your device and uses RF remote to control the device from a different location.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/remote-controls/wireless-rf-remote-control-extender

0 Likes