3 remotes no longer working - is it the old TV

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

3 remotes no longer working - is it the old TV

Message 1 of 3
(459 Views)

My TV is about 10 - 12 years old (I guess it's a tube TV - it's not a plasma or LCD). My FiOS remotes have worked flawlessly, but now they only work intermittently, or only some remote control functions work.

For example, sometimes the Mute control wil work, sometimes not. For the past couple days, I cannot switch the TV Input choice to watch DVDs. I can no longer turn the TV set on using the remote.

I replaced battery remotes; cleaned the surfaces of the TV set; and tried three different FiOS remote devices.

Is the problem possibly a component on my TV, such as a sensor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: 3 remotes no longer working - is it the old TV

Message 2 of 3
(450 Views)

@southbound wrote:

My TV is about 10 - 12 years old (I guess it's a tube TV - it's not a plasma or LCD). My FiOS remotes have worked flawlessly, but now they only work intermittently, or only some remote control functions work.

For example, sometimes the Mute control wil work, sometimes not. For the past couple days, I cannot switch the TV Input choice to watch DVDs. I can no longer turn the TV set on using the remote.

I replaced battery remotes; cleaned the surfaces of the TV set; and tried three different FiOS remote devices.

Since you tried 3 remotes, that's exactly what it is. Your ir sensor on the tv is failing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 2 of 3
(451 Views)

@southbound wrote:

Since you tried 3 remotes, that's exactly what it is. Your ir sensor on the tv is failing.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(447 Views)

Was afraid of that! Time to get a new TV I guess.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.