30-second fast forward in mobile app now 10 seconds!
Neandergal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like watching TV shows on my tablet that I have recorded into my DVR. Until a couple of days ago, I could push a "skip" icon on the tablet screen and it would skip 30 seconds at a time -- just as I have set it to do on the DVR. However now it skips only 10 seconds at a time (it still skips 30 seconds on the DVR). On the FIOS TV app there is no way that I can see to change the 10 second skip back into a 30 second skip. I haven't had the app for that long, and am wondering if this is a deliberate bait-and-switch situation -- where they let me skip 30 seconds at a time (hm, what is it that lasts 30 seconds that subscribers might want to skip over? I can't imagine)... or is this a technical glitch that I can reverse? Thanks for any assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 30-second fast forward in mobile app now 10 seconds!
Neandergal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well. After adding a ticket (maybe), I fooled around with the 10-second skip button and I found out that if you tap it twice it skips 20 second, three times and it skips 30 seconds, all the way to maybe 60 seconds! So they changed the way that button functions, but actually it's better now! Thank you for getting me to work on this some more! (of course they MIGHT have mentioned this change, but....)

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go under the Help second and add a problem ticket asking about the issue.

I just did it on mine.

Neandergal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well. After adding a ticket (maybe), I fooled around with the 10-second skip button and I found out that if you tap it twice it skips 20 second, three times and it skips 30 seconds, all the way to maybe 60 seconds! So they changed the way that button functions, but actually it's better now! Thank you for getting me to work on this some more! (of course they MIGHT have mentioned this change, but....)

Not applicable

No it's not better. To skip a 4 minute commercial would require 8 taps. Now it takes 40 taps. Tell me how that is better.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes