300 hour dvr
tim1141
Enthusiast - Level 2

does anyone know how to get this dvr?

0 Likes
Re: 300 hour dvr
thegeek
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sign in ay MyVerizon.com. On the Top of page click on My Verizon Services>TV>My TV. From there click on the 'Set Top Boxes' Link at the top of the page. On the right hand side of  the My Tv>Set Top Boxes page there should be a link that says 'Want more from your DVR' or something like that. Fill in the form you will get an email notifying you when its available to you and you order it that way.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Be aware, its not a 300 hour DVR.  Its a 500gb Hard drive.  That works out to aprox  60-65 hours of HD recording or aprox 220-240 hours of SD recording.  (or some combiniation there of)

The only way to get 300 hours is to wait for the new IMG 1.9 (if you havent got it already) and then add an external hard drive of your own for more recording space.

tim1141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  I have gone through that process twice with no response from verizon.  Chats yield no help either. Phone calls tell me to do what I have done. How long should it take to get a response?

tim1141
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the model you are referring to?  I've not heard of it.  Is it a dvr?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Verizon's new DVR is model 7232.

Also if you've gone to the website and signed up, be aware that the waiting list seems to be about 6-8 weeks at the moment. So you sign up and in about 2 months you will get an email when you get to the top of the list asking if you still want it. If you do, you follow the instructions in the email and they send you out the new DVR.

Here is a big thread on the upgrade

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/500GB-Motorola-QIP7232-HD-DVR-Coming-soon/...

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I think he was asking "what model" in response to the "wait for the IMG 1.9 " comment. IMG 1.9 is a new software release that will very soon be downloaded to all Verizon set top boxes. So it will update the existing DVR box you akready have. After the update, you can plug an external hard drive of whatever size you buy into the DVR to gain that much more space. To imagine the space increase, keep in mind the current harddrive size is 160gb. Theres nothing special you have to do to get the software update. When Verizon releases it to your area it will download automatically. I dont know if this changes you opinion on paying for the upgraded DVR box or not.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I think he was asking "what model" in response to the "wait for the IMG 1.9 " comment. IMG 1.9 is a new software release that will very soon be downloaded to all Verizon set top boxes. So it will update the existing DVR box you akready have. After the update, you can plug an external hard drive of whatever size you buy into the DVR to gain that much more space. To imagine the space increase, keep in mind the current harddrive size is 160gb.

Anthony -

Your statement is misleading and downright false.  I have been part of the beta and had direct contact with the programming group regarding eSATA expansion (currently have 1 TB of expansion) and while you can put any size drive on with the 1.9 update -

A MAXIMUM OF 2 TB WILL BE USED!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Also the only DVR's that will allow for the external drive will be the 7216 and the 7232.  The 6416 will not have that ability, even with the IMG 1.9, as it does not have a eSATA port. For the most part the 6416's are becoming obsolete. At least as far as many of the new features are concerned.

I have a feeling that it will soon be relegated to those that need a SD DVR as it will still fit those needs fairly well. But anyone needing HD and wanting to take advantage of all the new features will need a 7216 at a minimum.

0 Likes