3D content doesn't work
Amon3

I have a Panasonic Viera TC-P55VT50 3D plasma TV. 3D from the blu-ray player works great. However, I can't get 3D working from Fios TV at all - not from ESPN 3D or movies on demand or anything so far.

The TV does detect some sort of 3D signal, but the picture appears to be stretched vertically, with one eye seeing the top half and the other eye seeing the bottom half of the picture. I've tried changing the left/right swap setting, but that just makes the opposite eye see the top while the other sees the bottom.

Is it possible to make this work somehow?

0 Likes
Re: 3D content doesn't work
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well the 3d (although limited) seems to work for me.

Got my 3d glasses turned on and fully charged

I have two boxes, one is an older model qip 6416 and it doesn't do the auto switching, so on that TV, I have to manually change my TV to do the 3d.   and I have a newer one in another room that is a 7232, and that one sends a signal to my tv to automaticaly switch when it detects a 3d signal and it works pretty well. 

So when I do it on the 6416, i have to go into my menu to turn on the 3d viewing.    Do you have a similiar model ? 

0 Likes
JDU1

I have the exact same issue with a UT50. Did you ever get this resolved? So far, Fios and Panasonic are unable to resolve.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note that the ESPN is 720P and some sets have to be set to that to work in 3d.  Set at 1080i they don't work.  The reverse is try for some of the movies channels that send out 1080i and cannot be viewed on some sets in 720p.  I have my stb's set to native resolution.

0 Likes