3rd Party Remote for QIP-7232?? Anyone?? Bueller??
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

OK, so I've got my QIP-7232. My wife gets the remote that came with it. I need a multi-funciton 3rd party remote to control the DVR. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- mike

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3rd Party Remote for QIP-7232?? Anyone?? Bueller??
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Fios says a four button universal at www.Verizon.com/fiosaccessories but most people REALLY REALLY like the harmony universal remote control. Harmony can be found online or at local retailers and are probably the best remote on the planet. 🙂

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Fios says a four button universal at www.Verizon.com/fiosaccessories but most people REALLY REALLY like the harmony universal remote control. Harmony can be found online or at local retailers and are probably the best remote on the planet. 🙂
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, I'd like a $100 remote, too.. Smiley Happy

Think I'll stick with the $7 4-device FiOS remote for now..

I do have a Kamaleon remote around here somewhere.. wonder if I can make it work the DVR??

Thanks for the info..

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Probably. Motorola is the cable box so just take a look at the remote codes for cable boxes and see.if motorola is on there. Its a pretty popular cable box.
0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Do NOT get the remote from the link above,  I ordered it and when it arrived they sent the 2 button remote.  They don't have any real contact information available, I have been on the phone for 2 hours because no one can deal with the online store.  What a friggiin nightmare over a stupid remote, and it does not paint a pretty picture of how business is done at Verizon.  Really ticks me off.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry you had a bad experience with the accessories, doropallo.

I bought 3 x four-button remotes from the above link and today I received 3 x four-button remotes. I've programmed them and they all work as advertized.

doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

The bad experience is still continuing.  I spoke with 7 different departments, of course none of them deal with the accessories store, "But we see what you ordered and what was shipped."   If there was direct contact for an error on their part things wouldn't be so bad, but the number on the page is to Tech Support, which can only help if you are having a problem programming the stupid thing. 

And on a side note, one of the 7 people I spoke with was surprised that they still offered the remote for sale, since corporate wants to drop it, her words not mine.  Their reasoning is that since they sell it they have to support it and the customer base wastes a lot of time mis-programming it and tying up Tech Support.

They claimed I would have the correct remote in 2 days, which hasn't happened yet.  It is fine for someone to claim on the phone what you will receive, but when the warehouse just plucks a remote off the shelf it seems to be a crapshoot.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think Vz really wants to sell them now. If not for the link provided above, I'd have never found the order page. I've been all over the Vz web site/store/shop and I can't find a way to navigate directly to the page to order the remotes. I wanted these remotes because I wanted something that absoutly worked the DVRs - and were cheap.

Once ordered they sent me a nice email with an order number, but there is no way to check status of the order from the web site. The 'Order Status' under the 'Support' tab didn't work for these order numbers. I eventually got a shipping confirmation with tracking numbers and everything worked out, but if I had a problem and they didn't show up, or they were broke, or the wrong ones, I would have no idea how to get in touch with Vz regarding the remotes.

doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

So today another 2 device remote arrived in the mail, I guess I have to waste more time on the phone.  Since I am getting real irritated by this I guess I will also click on the BBB link on the order page, my AG's Office of Consumer Affairs and file a dispute with the credit card company.  What a waste of time dealing with such incompetence.

0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

May not matter to you, but the Harmony 650 can usually be found for around 69.00.  Still expensive, I know, but I absolutely love it.  We don't have a super complicated system, but I do have a blu-ray, AV reciver, Fios box, HD TV, CD Player, and I have to tell you, my wife was driving me crazy and she hated trying to get anything to work (besides just the TV).  The Harmony 650 has brought "harmony" back to our living room.  It controls all of the "activities" she wants to do with a single button in almost all cases.  I mean, want to watch a movie?  The Harmony turns of the Blu-Ray, the AV Receiver (for sound), the TV, selects the right inputs on the TV and the AV receiver, and allows volume control through the receiver (rather than the TV).  Couldn't be simpler.

A little more than 7.00, yes, but man it was worth it.

0 Likes