4 HD channels not working on cablecard powered device.
kelectron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently got an HDHomeRun Prime (which is a great device btw.) and connected a FIOS Cable Card. Everything is dandy except 4 channels.

554 Spike HD

690 Comedy Central HD

717 VH1 HD

752 Nick HD

Basically the video is distorted and the sound is garbled. It's almost like someone scratched the disc really bad and played that. The same channels work fine on the HD Set Top box that I also have (which I am going to return.). I have tried reseating the card and checked all the connections to the HDHomeRun.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4 HD channels not working on cablecard powered device.
PJL
Master - Level 3

554 Spike HD

690 Comedy Central HD

717 VH1 HD

752 Nick HD

I think that these channels are paired two each to a single QAM channel. meaning two QAM channels are likely problematic.  Apparently your cable card doesn't like the signal levels of the frequencies of those two QAM.  You may want to change the splitter port of the run to the cable card, re-make connectors, etc.  If the problem is a too-high signal, an attenuator could help.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

554 Spike HD

690 Comedy Central HD

717 VH1 HD

752 Nick HD

I think that these channels are paired two each to a single QAM channel. meaning two QAM channels are likely problematic.  Apparently your cable card doesn't like the signal levels of the frequencies of those two QAM.  You may want to change the splitter port of the run to the cable card, re-make connectors, etc.  If the problem is a too-high signal, an attenuator could help.

kelectron
Enthusiast - Level 1

splitters was the problem. i re-evaluated the connections in the house and there were 3 splits between verizon box and router/tuner combo. i removed a redundant split and the problem was solved. soon i'll remove another redundant split. thanks for your help.

0 Likes