4K signal broadcast

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

4K signal broadcast

Message 1 of 4
(12,255 Views)

My question is when will Verizon attempt to broadcast in 4K.  I currently use Verizon FIOS TV and Internet and also have a 4K UHD TV.  I do not even use the STB to watch TV because I stream everything through Fire TV.  The picture quality when streaming is far superior than when using a STB.  So is there any plans from Verizon when they will broadcast in 4K.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: 4K signal broadcast

Message 2 of 4
(12,200 Views)

Verizon has not yet announced anything.

Given the lack of linear content, probably not a big push.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(7,475 Views)

Now that FIOS is carrying Netflix on their STB there is no reason for them not to offer a 4K box. Otherwise I can just watch Netflix on my AppleTV, Samsung 4K Bluray player and TV or, better still, on my XBOX ONE with ATMOS.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(7,459 Views)

They was a 4k box  in the works.  It was used in Verizon IP Service Beta, and there was content.  Unfortunatly they ended that beta and are supposively rethinking what they will do. The box in question would not work with current service.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.