Switch Account

5 days to upgrade channel package?

5 days to upgrade channel package?

Highlighted
Contributor ericpberg
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(785 Views)

I upgraded my channel package this morning to FiOS TV Extreme HD.  Usually channel changes take effect within a couple of hours.  This time, however, I received a notice that I will not be able to access the new channel package for four days until May 29.  How can it take that long to upgrade my channels?  Isn't this upgrade just pushed to my set top boxes?  Is there any way to accelerate the process?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(776 Views)

You've got me on that one. It has never taken more that 24 hours for my previous changes. Sometimes less than 2. Might want to call them back and get an explanation. Even with a holiday weekend, that's a long wait.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

Highlighted
Contributor ericpberg
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(768 Views)
Called customer service and was told by the rep he couldn't do it and I would "just have to wait until my order was reviewed on May 29."
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(691 Views)

I don't know the answer, but let me make a guess.  You upgraded at 4:15 on a Saturday afternoon on a Holiday weekend.  To whatever extent that humans need to intervene in the process they will be on vacation until Tuesday.  They will review it on Tuesday - for the first time - and you can expect you service change to go into effect, 24 hours later, just like they told you.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.