1 year of HD service - 3 months of HDMI (Total disregard of customer's needs)
pcdude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot believe that I switched from Dish Network. When I 1st out with Verizon Service the menu was sluggish and not real helpful but the picture was good. Then, the did an upgrade to the box and when I tried to watch TV, no picture. Found out that the upgrade they did killed the HDMI signal for bazillions of people. They brought me a new DVR, same result. So their answer was "just connect up with component cables." Well... since I had no choice I hooked up the component cables. That means no iPod connected to the component connections as FiOS TV is using that one. So I got creative and thought "I'll buy a HDMI DVD player. Turns out the upgrade screwed up my HDMI. Sony tech support says I need to bring my TV in for service to correct the issue. Don't want to do that because I have the Sony LCD Rear projection and taking it in for service is a sure fire way to get the LCD panels out of alignment meaning Big $$ to get everything back to normal. Then the trip back home can get you out of line again.

Let's just say forget the above and let's focus on the real problem; No HDMI signal from their (Verizon) DVR. I have called in several times about this issue to see if they have a new model or possibly an update that will correct the problem. The answer... NO! Plus, every time I call in it seems like it takes an hour longer to get help than the time before and you never get any answers that mean anything. I have thought about switching back many times. I got a call from Dish the other day and they are offering a really good plan and I know their box works correctly or they will bring you one immediately. Are you listening Verizon? Hello? Verizon? We want to be treated with the dignity that goes with PAYING FOR A SERVICE!!! We're not asking for something we haven't paid for.

Disgusted!

0 Likes
Re: 1 year of HD service - 3 months of HDMI (Total disregard of customer's needs)
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well going by what you said in your post, it sounds like the problem with the HDMI is on your tv side, not the verizon side. Verizons updates cannot hurt your tv, only the stb. Since the DVD doesnt work either, its on the tv side not verizons.

Having said that, Your STB is it a 7216 or a 6416?

If the 7216, the HDMI issue is well known and being worked on, no eta at this time

If the 6416, the only wide spread HDMI issue on this box is with mostly Samsung TV's although there is one or two models of Sony and Toshiba that are affected. However this is a problem between motorola and Samsung. Motorola keeps saying it is a Samsung issue and Samsung keeps saying that it is a motorola problem. But Verizon cannot fix this, we have to wait for either motorola or samsung (not that you care as you dont have a samsung). My point is that unless your sony is one of those that was actually made by samsung then your tv should not be affected by the HDMI problem on this box

0 Likes
Re: 1 year of HD service - 3 months of HDMI (Total disregard of customer's needs)
pcdude
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well, I would agree but the TV was working with the box until the upgrade. Now I get the Sony message "HDMI has been comprimised" message from the TV. So I have to believe the problem started with the upgrade they did on the 6416.
0 Likes
Re: 5 months with Fios TV, on my 4th DVR, I think I'm ready for a another!
JamesB
Can anyone tell me what Sony HDTVs are effected by the HDMI issue? I am considering switching to FiosTV and this could be a critical point in my decision. Thx.
0 Likes
Re: 5 months with Fios TV, on my 4th DVR, I think I'm ready for a another!
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3
Note to Verizon:  Having a Tivo means Verizon will not be servicing the Interactive Programming Guide.   You do realize this is a plus for going to Tivo, don't you?   The Guide sucks!!
0 Likes