500GB DVR Upgrade E-mail Does NOT Work: User Authentication Error
adambpsu

I signed up to be notified when the new 500GB DVR would be available and when I could upgrade.  I received the upgrade email with a link to upgrade from Verizon at the end of April.  Upon clicking on the link, I get to the point where I click "next" to upgrade my DVR to the new DVR, but then I get a "User Authentication Error."  I have tried calling Verizon to no avail (phone tech support and billing claim that they can't help) and doing an online chat (who suggested I request another email). I requested another upgrade email and received it last week.  I again receive the "User Authentication Error" and am unable to complete the upgrade process.  Can someone provide some assistance on what I should do next?  (I see others have had the same problem).

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: 500GB DVR Upgrade E-mail Does NOT Work: User Authentication Error
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Im sorry for your trouble. I have sent you a private message about this.

0 Likes
Brandon_5

I can also say I have received the same problem. I just received a third email, but I am also receiving this error along with they cannot pull my records.

After calling Verizon, they tell me the only way to order this is via the email. I think it is ridiculous, so any information would be grateful.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

My own suggestion is to logon to FIOS first and set the option to logon automatically for two weeks.

Then open the link in the email.  That's what I had to do to get it to work for me.  Yes you can only use the link from the email.

@Brandon_5 wrote:

I can also say I have received the same problem. I just received a third email, but I am also receiving this error along with they cannot pull my records.

After calling Verizon, they tell me the only way to order this is via the email. I think it is ridiculous, so any information would be grateful.

0 Likes
shkdwnstrt

Same problem.  Customer support is no help (shocker).  They gave me a phone number for ecommerce, of which didn't work from "my area".  Now, there is no live chat support.  This is crazy.  Why do they make it so hard.  Is there anyone that can help me?  ANYONE?!

0 Likes
Joh3

As I understand it, the 500GB DVRs are being rolled out on a limited basis. Customers who already have DVRs are being served first. That is why you can only upgrade through the email and that is also why the email states that you shouldn't forward it to other people. I encountered the same upgrade problems but got to a point where I believed my order had gone through.  When nothing showed up after 5 days I spoke to tech support twice, to no avail.  They literally did not know what I was talking about.  Next, I was asked for my order number during a chat session.  Since I did not have an order number I realized that my order had probably not gone through.  I decided to go through the process again and I kept being denied te upgrade.  The next day I tried again, the order did go through and I now had an order number.  This was on Tuesday. I found my two 50GB DVRs at my door on Thursday.  My advise is to keep trying.

0 Likes
borgib77

I am also experiencing this issue. Please help.

0 Likes
nubby122
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have a local walk in store, they will replace it if available.  I received the email and they wanted to charge $40 for the device change.  Walked in and upgraded 4 boxes and the 500GB DVR

0 Likes
xcaliburinhand

Had the same issue when I went to upgrade and still have the issue if I click the Support tab on the Verizon.com site.

It is true that the CSRs cannot order the 500GB DVR for you.  I had one CSR say they would order me a multi-room DVR and I may be lucky with what gets sent out.  In theory by placing an order for a multi room it could trigger the larger hard drive and I would be able to cancel the multi-room part later.  I called the fulfillment center to verify what I was getting before making the trip and they said they have never had any in stock and the request entered by the CSR was for a standard DVR.

After jumping through many different hoops I got in contact with the verizon web site support people (the ones that handle the verizon.com password resets and other technical website issues).  For some reason they are able to order the 500GB DVR for you (at least the guy I talked to was). 

Try the "Web/Online Support for: Registration, Sign-On, Online Bill Pay", even if they can't order for you they may be able to fix your login issue.

0 Likes
Replete
Contributor - Level 1

The multi room dvr is no different from a standard dvr, just the multi room service will be added to your account. So I don't think that's a great way to ensure a newer model. Even though they show the new black model dvr in the ads. 

0 Likes