Re: 500GB Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR Coming soon!
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

@abhi_col wrote:

As I said , It is only for new installs. Eventually the inventory from where the STBs are shipped will slowly get the new STBs...

I understand what you said.  That doesn't change the fact that V has chosen to embark on a policy that gives preferential treatment to new customers at the expense of customers like myself who pay them nearly $400/month for bundled services and have for almost a decade.  Further, this policy is without exception, or any kind of appeal process.

To my knowledge, V is the only company that insists on policies that reward those who spend less, for a shorter period of time, in favor of those who spend more for longer.  Think of airline, credit card, or numerous other reward programs.  It runs counter to common business sense.  It's an absolutely ludicrous marketing strategy and will likely result in the loss of my business.  This "shoot yourself in the foot" strategy is unparalleled in business and is yet another example of V's disregard for their loyal customers.

Yeah, I certainly know what the policy is and it's just plain wrong.

0 Likes
jrs221
Enthusiast - Level 2

@prisaz wrote:

@abhi_col wrote:

It is not a test, it is currently for new installs.

Must be full of bugs and new customers will not know any better!

I switched to FIOS in September and received a 7216 DVR, which never worked right - turned off and then back on spontaneously and lost it's connection to my other set top box and internet.  After a series of service calls I was sent a replacement - a beat up 64xx model.  I was furious - when I returned my 5 year old DVRs to Cablevision they were immaculate.  It was the last day of my 30 day trial and when tech support person investigated and  said there was nothing he could do I asked to be transferred to the cancellation department.  In about 10 minutes the person I dealt with there had a technician scheduled for that afternoon and I received a 7232.  It works perfectly, and now I definitely don't miss my 2 cablevision DVRs.  It's bigger than the 2 of them put together and less expensive. 

lee63

I will be releocating to a new house and keeping Verizon, I will be upgrading to the the better DVR, the whole selling point for me was that the rep told me I would be getting the new 7232, that was the only reason I went with Verizon again.

My old contract was month to month, the new one is for two years so I hope they consider me a new customer.

I'll be very unhappy if I dont get one of these.

0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

Truth is, I would be happy to keep my old DVR except that it doesn't have the input to connect a port hard drive once 1.9 comes out.

0 Likes
Sen_Blutarsky

Great news Peeps! I'm in Manhattan Beach, CA and have been driven close to madness trying to cope with my original HD-DVR's puny 160 Gb hard drive. After reading online that they are rolling-out these new units in Texas and elsewhere, I decided to call-in and try my luck.

Called FiOS Tech Support at 800-314-7045, got transferred to customer support and had a new unit winging my way in under 5-minutes, NO QUESTIONS ASKED... NO BICKERING... awesome! 

Best of all, cost: FREE!

0 Likes
dancefreak1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had this exact same experience down the street from you in Hermosa Beach, CA.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

You have to log into tv central and then try that link, it is working for me today, I put in a request, don't know how long it will take to get obviously, but you can make the request today.

Coming Soon!
Verizon FiOS DVR Storage Expansion
Can't get enough of your FiOS DVR?
Pretty soon, you'll have the chance to get even more! That is, more DVR storage space so you can record more of your favorite movies and shows.

We're currently in the process of developing options to increase your existing DVR storage capacity, which will be ready early next year.

If you want to be updated when these options become available in your area, please fill out the information below.

Yes, please contact me as expanded FiOS DVR storage options are available. I understand there is no obligation at this time and that I will be contacted with packages, pricing, and terms as soon as they are available. Please contact me at:

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but until you actually receive the 7232, I'd hold off on the celebration.

Vz policy may have changed, but if I had a beer for every time they promised me a certain dvr and I got something different, I'd invite you all over and we'd have a large party.

That said, I truly hope you do get 7232s.  It's a big improvement.

0 Likes
nubetube
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave it a shot as well.  The Verizon rep was not able to order a specific model but put a note on my order as to which DVR I was requesting.  I will post back once I receive the new DVR.

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

So, has anyone received a 7232 via mail/UPS?  If so, you're the first I've heard.

Please let us know.

0 Likes