Re: 500GB Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR Coming soon!
RacerD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a new DVR mailed to me in Texas in the hopes of scoring a 7232 and I got the same old DVR  I had.  I turned the box right around back to them.  I agree it is ridiculous that us long standing good paying customers can't get the upgrades but the new customers can.  What a hassle to have to cancel your account just to sign up again so you can be a "new customer".  I'll do just that if I have to.  I'm on month to month and just married so my new husband can take on the account and a new install if I can't get the box.

I posted on their Facebook about whether I could just swap the DVR with my MIL and the tech there said no, that the box was programmed to her account or some crap like that and I wouldn't be able to get it verified and activated on my system.  That seems wrong. 

I'm still wondering about just ordering a 2nd DVR on my account and what I would get. 

I still think this is unacceptable that we can't just call in and ask to be swapped out.   Bad business Verizon!  I pay over $5K a year to be treated like this??

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

People, it's very simple - the only way for an existing customer to get a 7232 without the hassle of canceling their account and re-establishing is to call tech support, tell them you have (made-up) pixelation or other problem, then get a tech out.  If, and I stress if, they have a 7232 on the truck, I've not heard of a single case where the tech refused to swap-out an existing STB for a 7232.  It's that simple, period.

Should it be this way, heck no.  But while many of you may not have the stomach for it, the choice is clear, follow the tried and true advice above, or wait until Vz deems you worthy.  

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@zich6 wrote:

People, it's very simple - the only way for an existing customer to get a 7232 without the hassle of canceling their account and re-establishing is to call tech support, tell them you have (made-up) pixelation or other problem, then get a tech out.  If, and I stress if, they have a 7232 on the truck, I've not heard of a single case where the tech refused to swap-out an existing STB for a 7232.  It's that simple, period.

Should it be this way, heck no.  But while many of you may not have the stomach for it, the choice is clear, follow the tried and true advice above, or wait until Vz deems you worthy.  

The only problem with that is that they may charge you for a bogus visit. Oh if you get a nice tech, he will happily swap it for you, but if they start getting too many of these, then they will start charging for wasting their time when they could be helping someone that has a real problem. That is what happend two years ago when they had the HD box shortage. And $100 per visit is a little steep.

Plus canceling your acct and re-ordering will not guarentee you of getting the new DVR. Only SOME new customers are getting the bigger box. Not all. The 7232's are in short supply right now.

No, the only way to get one for sure is to go to the web site and sign up on the waiting list.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/members/DvrExpansion.aspx

0 Likes
zich61
Contributor - Level 1

"The only problem with that is that they may charge you for a bogus visit."

Highly unlikely.  Can you cite one instance where this has happened, other than your vague example of several years ago?  Of course you can't because I seriously doubt it  has.  As I've said before, the techs are good and they really want to make customers happy.  It's their butt if they don't.  Why would a tech take a risk like refusing you a piece of hardware they can give you without risk to them and then charging you a service fee?  That's a rhetorical question.  The answer is, they certainly won't if you do it right.  It's worked for many on this board without a single exception I have found.

When I said the only way to get a 7232, I meant without waiting.  I'm not going to address the cancellation issue as I wouldn't advise doing that.

Wait if you want.  That's exactly what Vz wants you to do.  "We'll abuse you and favor new customers, but you wait like a good little customer now."  I can just hear what PT Barnum would say.

paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

They refused for me.

My remotes functions are still not working right, know what they told me " Sorry, you are in the test market" so I'm stuck with the Cisco piece of crap. They refused to swap it out., even with an older working model.

{please keep it relevant}

0 Likes
voken

They even refused for me and I still have an issue w/ the HD DVR (6416) and the 2 HD (6200) boxes.

This is what happened to me....sound on 2 of my TV's (3rd tv i don't even use) goes mute for a brief time and this happens atleast twice a day !  only way I get the sound back is wait for like a minute (close to 60 to 90 sec) or switch the channel and return or turn the tv off and on again !!!!   I complained about this like a year back and they tried all options and nothing happened and knowing it takes a weeks effort and 10 hrs of my personal time to reach one of these Verizon tech guys on phone (who in turn just remote start the boxes and nothing else), I just gave up after that ! 

Now w/ the new 7232's on the market, I called them to see if they can switch back (and this also took 3 days and close to 4 hrs effort to get them on line !!!!) and funny enough they did the same set of **bleep** solutions - resend the signal, pull the wires, swicth back, reboot !! and of course it didn't fix the issue....but still they refused to get me new boxes and said they can only give old ones (6416s) back !  and I can register to get new ones when they are available !!

0 Likes
mkstretch
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anyone know if they have these dvr's in the verizon stores in long island,ny???
0 Likes
nubetube
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally reveived a new HD DVR after a little over a month....the bad news is that it is not the 7232 but another 6416.   Guess I will just wait until they are readily available......

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the official way to get one is www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the waiting list.     

You won't be garunteed a 7232 but you'll be on a waiting list to get a DVR that can do the enhanced expansion to a external ESATA hard drive when the software gets enabled in the next software release.

there is NO way you will get one mailed to you unfortunately, no matter what you hear from a verizon rep.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@zich6 wrote:

"The only problem with that is that they may charge you for a bogus visit."

Highly unlikely.  Can you cite one instance where this has happened, other than your vague example of several years ago?  Of course you can't because I seriously doubt it  has.  As I've said before, the techs are good and they really want to make customers happy.  It's their butt if they don't.  Why would a tech take a risk like refusing you a piece of hardware they can give you without risk to them and then charging you a service fee?  That's a rhetorical question.  The answer is, they certainly won't if you do it right.  It's worked for many on this board without a single exception I have found.

When I said the only way to get a 7232, I meant without waiting.  I'm not going to address the cancellation issue as I wouldn't advise doing that.

Wait if you want.  That's exactly what Vz wants you to do.  "We'll abuse you and favor new customers, but you wait like a good little customer now."  I can just hear what PT Barnum would say.

Of course I cant. Because it hasnt happened since then. But go back and look, there were many cases of people being charged for bogus visits. There were many complaints about this. But this is the first time since then that there has been a shortage of boxes since. Yes they want to make customers happy, but at the same time, they want to stay profitable. But dont belive me and give it a try. I couldnt care less if you get billed for it or not. I was just giving a warning about what happend in the past. And remember the addage, "Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it"