Re: 500GB Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR Coming soon!
rick5456

I know how frustrating it may appear in trying to get past Verizon's red tape but I have good news.  Changing out your old dvr to get the new one is easier than you think.  The trick is to have a technician visit your house.  When most of the techs I know arrive there is no problem swapping out the old dvr for the new as long as the customer is polite.  Installers are people too and understand that when something new hits the market......you'd like to have it.  The hard part is how to get a technician to show up.   Don't give up.......the new dvr is extremely nice.......and has the ability to use an external hard drive so you can back things up.  Good Luck!

Rick5456

0 Likes
rick5456

Just a follow up to your post.  Why do you want to pause a program for more than 10 minutes?  There are times when I do pause a show, but if it runs into 15 or 20 minutes I simply record the program.  I truly am not comprehending the problem. You are the first person to mention this problem.  Installers often have to suggest upgrades and features for new model settop boxes

rick5456

0 Likes
rick5456

Dear Alden,

Verizon will not change promotions after you have signed up for their service.  The good news is that if you call and explain that there must be something that can be done......they almost always give you some type of compensation.  Extended DVR service....hbo free.......reduced rate for a year.  Any deal you get is better than doing nothing.  Good Luck.

0 Likes
rick5456

One thng to keep in mind is that FIOS Techsare human. They want to make customers happy.  Everyone needs to keep in mind that simply being polite and nice goes a long way.  Talking down to techs or complaining about how ticked off you are is a sure fire way to put  them in a bad mood. Offer them a cup of coffee and a smile.  As for additional billing to customers it seldom happens in my experience.  Remember your attitude will determine what a tech will or will not do and if you get billed.

rick5456

0 Likes
chrtay1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am looking into moving from Directv to FiOS due to the cost savings. I just had a "chat" with Verizon and was told that the QIP-7232 500GB is not available yet. I did not get a response as to whether this was just in my market or not (Palm Springs, CA). So I guess that if I order FiOS TV, I have to hope the tech has one of the new boxes on the truck. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
chrtay1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to follow up and say that a QIP7232 P2 was installed today, seemingly with a 500GB drive. Recorded 1 hour of

HD content so far and it says 1% used.

So far so good.

chrtay1

Dave4120
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone....i put my name on the waiting list for the QIP7232 a few weeks ago and i just received an email that the wait is over.  The mail included a link to send out for an upgrade.  I had to accept a $40 upgrade fee however Smiley Indifferent  At least I'll finally have more space!

0 Likes
deepblue27

Just got this email from Verizon

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=WebSTBSwap

You Have 30 Days to Act

Dear Verizon Customer,

Great News! The wait is over. Verizon now offers you the ultimate viewing experience with the 500GB FiOSTMTV DVR. Up to 60 hours in high definition (HD) or up to 300 hours in standard definition (SD) recording capacity; Multi-room access to recordings; and watch as you record.

Don’t wait another moment! Just follow these easy steps to upgrade your existing DVR for the new 500GB DVR:

1)     Select this icon

2)     Enter your “My Verizon” username and password.

3)     Your account will show all DVRs in your home which are eligible for an upgrade. Check each device you wish to upgrade.

4)     Check equipment exchange fee of $39.99 for each FiOS TV DVR ordered. This charge will be reflected on your next bill.

5)     Review your selections, complete your order, and hit the “Submit” button.

6)     Print this page for your records. Expect delivery of the new FiOS TV DVR by mail within 5 business days.

7)     Act within 30 days of receipt of this email to take advantage of available inventory.

Preparing for the DVR upgrade process:

• Look for the easy step-by-step set-top box installation guide included in your shipping box.
  • Don’t forget to Reset your Interactive Media Guide personal settingson your new DVR by using your remote.  Go to the “Main Menu”, select “Customer Support”, and then “Settings”.
  • Finally, a reminder that all recorded TV programs & movies on your current DVR are not transferable & cannot be retrieved.

0 Likes
mschauber
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who does verizon think they are telling us we have to pay $40 to upgrade to equipment THEY own and manage?

This is infuriating.  They give out a product with the capabilities of using external HD's turned off just so they can charge existing customers more money for something we already pay for.  This is unbelievable. 

They make a fortune on the backs of hard working individuals and could care less about existing customers. 

In the words of Leo Getz: "They **bleep** you with cell phones. That's what it is.  They love it when you get cut off. Y'know why, huh? You know why? 'Cause when you call back - -which they know you're gonna do. - -they charge you for that first minute again at that high rate."

mschauber
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon treats existing customers worse than the gum I scrape off my shoe.  They do anything to get you as a customer and then charge you left and right for whatever they feel like.  This upgrade is just another example.

They could save all of us the money and hassel by turning on the esata and/or usb ports on the existing DVR's so we could plug an external HD in and record what we really want, which is still limited by the small 500gb HD.  At a time when I'm buying 2TB HD's for $59, there's no excuse for a huge company like Verizon to be stuck sending out, and charging, for boxes with a tiny HD in it.