Re: 500GB Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR Coming soon!
FlSoberbear

I had a box sent to me a while back and it only had a connection for a plug that looked like a Mouse connection for my TV, I have yet to upgrade to HDTV, so I had to send it back. Now I finally got a box that was able to get connected to my TV as it has an input from the wall and an output to my TV, so I am scared of this NEW Box not having 2 connectors and being like the first requiring a HDTV.

Plus the Upgrade charge of $39.99 when new customers get it for free, FIOS is certainly making this ONCE FIOS FOR LIFE customer lean towards Fios? Take it or leave it, since as a current customers I am getting screwed in upgrade fees, and "Oh since you signed up in 2009, you have a 2 year contract", even though they advertise NO CONTRACTS, so I guess once they got us on a contract we are stuck.

My next home, if fios is available I might keep it, if not any cable will be OK, and to think that 1 year ago I was only looking at homes in a FIOS area, NO FIOS, NO LOOK AT.

0 Likes
Re: 500GB Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR
FlSoberbear

Multi Room, How about a device that can be installed in one room and use the existing remaining box to allow recording in all the rooms as well as watching in all the rooms, currently you can record from the room with the Multi Room DVR, but can only watch it onthe other rooms, you can not be in another room and set up a recording of a show.

Plus you can only register 1 Cellphone to control the device, if we could register 2 cellphones then it would be easy to not worry about having the record feature in each room as you could connect via the cellphone and schedule a recording.

All I see FIOS doing is becoming a huge vaccuum and they are sucking the money from their existing customers while catering to NEW customers.

0 Likes
Re: 500GB Motorola QIP7232 HD DVR
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@FlSoberbear wrote:

Multi Room, How about a device that can be installed in one room and use the existing remaining box to allow recording in all the rooms as well as watching in all the rooms, currently you can record from the room with the Multi Room DVR, but can only watch it onthe other rooms, you can not be in another room and set up a recording of a show.

Plus you can only register 1 Cellphone to control the device, if we could register 2 cellphones then it would be easy to not worry about having the record feature in each room as you could connect via the cellphone and schedule a recording.

All I see FIOS doing is becoming a huge vaccuum and they are sucking the money from their existing customers while catering to NEW customers.

Someone, please correct me if I am wrong but I am too lazy to look this up. I beleive you will be able to schedule recordings from any settop box in the home regardless if it is a dvr or not when the 1.9 upgrade is rolled out.  

0 Likes
acurshen

I just got a QIP7232 2 after months of waiting. Installation was simple and the box seems to work OK. A question. Anyone know if the USB port in the front is usable? What can you plug in there? - a hardrive?,, a flashdrive? 

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

None of Verizon's boxes currently support the USB ports.  All they currently do is provide charger power for a USB device.

Who knows, if all the planets align one day they may actually put them to use Smiley Wink

nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone in the Washington, DC/Northern VA area have the new QIP 7232 DVR and if so did you go out and purchase the eSATA My DVR 1TB Expansion from MicroCenter?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nycplayboy78 wrote:

Anyone in the Washington, DC/Northern VA area have the new QIP 7232 DVR and if so did you go out and purchase the eSATA My DVR 1TB Expansion from MicroCenter?

The eSATA features are not enabled on the DVR. This is a feature that will be enabled when the boxes are updated to the next img version 1.9. The existing software does not yet support the external storage. Some limited areas did receive img 1.9, but the distribution was stopped due to issues that were found. The upgrades should continue at some point in the near future.

prisaz
Legend

@mailace wrote:

I just got a QIP7232 2 after months of waiting. Installation was simple and the box seems to work OK. A question. Anyone know if the USB port in the front is usable? What can you plug in there? - a hardrive?,, a flashdrive? 

The USB ports only supply power, and will not be used for anything else. Charge your phone perhaps.

The img 1.9 will use eSATA for storage expansion, and not USB.

buestan

hey i got the same box and im trying to connect my mytouch 4g with the fios mobile remote widget or app but it seems like i am so dumb that the numbers of my phone is not matching with the number i entered, i can't believe this cause is my own cellphone number and on my tv scr

@mailace wrote:

een says network error,can somebody please help me, thanks

0 Likes
ukbritt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anybody been successfully able to order this box recently? Got the upgrade email, order 2 units and *poof* nothing..it's coming up on 4 weeks...no-body at Verizon can give me any status,tracking number or anything..I keep being switched around to different departments, they keep saying they can't do anything because it's online order only. Any ideas on how I can track this down?

0 Likes