6200-2 displays "0" and only allows entry to Parental Controls settings
carlmuck

I came back from a week long vacation and went to use the TV in our sitting room (not primary TV) and 2 things were "off." First, the power output of the STB was "off" (had had this to always on), second once turned on, the STB will not display anything on the TV other than the "Parental Control" setup.

If I turn "off" the STB, I can enter the User Settings menu and make changes.

Any pointers?

(BTW, the other TV in the house is connected to a TiVo HD box and it works fine.)

c.

0 Likes
Re: 6200-2 displays "0" and only allows entry to Parental Controls settings
Hubrisnxs
Legend

whenever I have seen a 0 it was that the box lost its programming, or was deactivated.  you can try to power cycle it, meaning leave the power unplugged for more than a minute, after plugging it back in if it still shows 0 then call into the fiber solutions center, and have them re-initialize the box.  or re-activate it.  it will be one or the other.     8885531555

0 Likes
Re: 6200-2 displays "0" and only allows entry to Parental Controls settings
carlmuck

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

whenever I have seen a 0 it was that the box lost its programming, or was deactivated.  you can try to power cycle it, meaning leave the power unplugged for more than a minute, after plugging it back in if it still shows 0 then call into the fiber solutions center, and have them re-initialize the box.  or re-activate it.  it will be one or the other.     8885531555

I'll try calling them. They certainly don't respond to e-mails.

I've left the box unplugged for 2 hours and then plugged it back in. It didn't appear to download the programming. When I first turn it on (after being unplugged) it flashes "b 01" and then "0".

thanks.

c.

0 Likes