6200 motorola STB and HDMI
nuthatch

I could not receive a signal on one of 4 TV's yesterday. After 2 rounds with the automated caller I was finally connected to an agent. The agent diagnosed my problem as my HDMI cable which seemed strange as it is less than 1 year old and cost around 60 dollars as I needed 15 feet feed thru my walls and attic so I got a good one. She said she'd send new cables but only 10 foot which won't help me. After 3 hours of trying to trouble shoot this on my own, pulling the TV off the wall, connecting it in another room and seeing that the TV was fine, hooking the box to a coaxial (not HD) TV hookup- box worked. I go out and buy another HDMI cable, hook it up and nothing!!! It was not the cable. I then hooked up my 6416 DVR box to this TV and the TV worked fine. Something was wrong with the box and I just spent time and money for nothing. I called Verizon back and went thru the automated called AGAIN until I could make it go to a live person and told him it must be the box as the DVR box had a signal and the TV worked fine. This agent asks for the box # and after I tell him its a 6200, he tells me they did an upgrade in our area last night (TV was fine then) and I can no longer use my $60 HDMI cable that runs thru walls and attic with this box. He said the new cables were being sent - composite cables and I'd have to use them. The problem is that when they come 10' cable will have to be draped across the room to go from my STB which is in a custom built cabinet to reach the TV. When I told him this would not work he just said that that was all they could do. I asked if the HDMI problem would be fixed and he said yes but he did not know when. I find this to be a poor solution and I hope it doesn't take a year to fix like the "green line" problem that took forever to fix. At least I could watch TV then. In this situation I will have to plug and unplug the composite cables each time I want to view the TV or leave them strewn across the room. Did anyone else I have this problem with the 6200 box. I think they should send me a loaner 6416 box until they resolve the problem they have caused me with their "upgrade" Some upgrade when it knocks your TV out!!!

0 Likes
Re: 6200 motorola STB and HDMI
tbear263
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Model : QIP6416 and out of the blue Tuesday I went to watch and got no picture or sound. After calling and doing all the normal reboot crap still nothing using the HDMI cable. The box works fine with Svhs or RCA connections. The agent said they would send me out a set of Componet calbes. No idea why the HDMI just went poof..

0 Likes
Re: 6200 motorola STB and HDMI
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Have you checked the relevant manufacturer thread in the "HDTV Forums" at http://www.avsforum.com?         Sometimes manufacturers provide firmware updates to solve issues like this.  Even though it "seems" that it may have been a verizon update that caused it, maybe updating it to the current firmware on both tv and cable box is the answer to your prayers.

In the mean time your best work around is to switch to the Component Video connection instead of HDMI.

0 Likes