6416 Won't Record or Pause
mikey1956

My DVR, one night after activation stopped working. Initially, it just displayed the clock and could not be turned on, but after reset, all recording/pause live tv functionality disappeared. This is the second 6416 that this has happened to after a reset. Verizon is sending me a third DVR but is there anything else that can be causing this problem

0 Likes
Re: 6416 Won't Record or Pause
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

In my opinion your reoccurring problem may not be the DVR stb, The odds of you having 2 bad stbs are pretty slim.  You may have an issue with the RF signal going to your stb.  Unfortunately, unless you have a meter that measures rf signals there is no way for you to confirm this.  If the same thing happens with your third stb, you will need to have a verizon tech dispatched to your home. 

0 Likes
Re: 6416 Won't Record or Pause
mikey1956

I would agree with your assessment except that the DVR was initially replaced after a technician was out checking a video dropout issue I have been having. The same technician instructed me later on resetting my router and dvrs to get rid of a audio/video sync problem. One of three DVRs did not recover from this reset, and a replacement was sent out. New DVR activated ok, then the next morning exhibited same problem as old one after needing to be reset because it would not turn on. Technicians have been out multiple times and each time  RF is checked.

0 Likes