7100 IR Input question
hertlein1

In searching for the answer I've found only suggestions about the IR extender eye that Verizon offers.

I would like to know if there is a way to directly connect my Harmony 900 RF module to the IR input on the back of the qip-7100.

I've tried going with mono and stereo cables and neither work.  They do however render the IR eye on the front of the box unusable.

I've had custom installers over at remotecentral.com tell me I need this:

http://www.audioplex.com/rc-lgi.htm

…but its around $100 and I want to know if there's a different solution.  I've also read that my Oppo BD-83 blu-ray player requires a specific Stereo to Mono 1/8" plug to work properly.  I only offer this as an example of the quirkiness of IR direct inputs.

Any Verizon techs know for sure if that IR Input can be used directly without the IR extender from an RF module.

0 Likes
Re: 7100 IR Input question
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello hertlein,

Our IR extenders are available for our 7000 series Set Top Boxes. At this time there is no information that advises whether our equipment will work with the Harmony 900 RF. I sent you a private message to further discuss.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User

0 Likes