ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS INSTALLATION ISSUE?
gscubba

I know this is a peer supported forum but I wanted to see if anyone else has had the experience I have.  Last week, after 20 years with TimeWarner, I was happy to get a FIOS Triple Play bundle installed.  The install was easy, but I started to realize that some things looked crappy on the TV, especially the guide.  After doing some looking online, I realized that they gave me, a brand new user, a REFURBISHED FIRST GENERATION STB, an old Motorola 6416, that's can't really take full advantage of the 1.9 upgrade.

I've tried calling Customer Service and all I get is to sign up for the better box online.  Then I had an online conversation with an agent, who passed me to a supposedly senior agent who ultimately told me "there is no guarantee of which equipment any customer will receive.  What is given is what was available at the time."  She just didn't understand new customer, new box.

Are you kidding me?  Every FIOS commercial running features the new 7232 box.  I also know many people who are new customers who got the new box.  I'm a brand new customer, so why am I getting screwed?

This puts a really bad taste in my mouth at the start of this two month marriage, but I'd be curious if this has happened to other people.  I guess I can pay the $40 and upgrade online, but I"m also within 30 days of the order and can go back to TW Cable - at least its the devil I know.....

0 Likes
Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS INSTALLATION ISSUE?
PistolPete13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very common issue.

If you're close to a FiOS store, just go there and swap it out if they have it in stock.

0 Likes
Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS INSTALLATION ISSUE?
gscubba
Thanks but it seems, at least in New York, that Verizon has pulled all of 7232 boxes from their stores. Not sure what else i can do except wait for an upgrade email and go back to TW as soon as possible.
0 Likes