Re: AUDIO issues with FIOS
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

yep. exactly what i was thinking ...linear pulse code modulation.. haha.

Um, I still experience some audio issues once in a while, but nothing horrible. I will monitor this and call in for support if i need to. Thanks.

0 Likes
Sgcrooks

I have two main dvr "brains" and 3 boxes mirroring those. Only one tv with the main dvr was experiencing audio skips. It was as though someone was intermittently hitting the mute button! Pretty frequently too. Very annoying! Ironically it began right after I purchased a new tv so of course I assumed it was a defective "Samsung" tv and returned it. Found a better deal on a larger toshiba brand st a different retailer and it STILL happened!! So I called Verizon. Went through ALL the troubleshooting steps. Switched out HDMI cables etc. finally they sent me a new main DVR Receiver. Sucked because I lost my stored programs I was saving to watch as these don't go to the "cloud", only your series manager fyi. Well, it still happened!! I messengered fios and they created a help ticket and got me a technician the next day which was actually Sunday which was impressive. She switched all outside wiring which was really old. Put a new box outside. Said that should do it. Well it's still happening. I'm beside myself. I just checked my tvs settings and switched the audio output to that pcm or pcl setting forget which was just mentioned and in fios setting changed audio dynamic from heavy to off to see if that helps. I pray it does. I pay a small fortune for my fios. It needs to work. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried swapping boxes around and see if the issue follows the TV or the box?

I assume you are going straight from VMS to TV (no audio receiver or soundbar in between)?

0 Likes
Gracie31

Thank you so  much, should have searched for this months ago.  After I watch the DVR for a couple of hours all of a sudden I fast forward and when I stop there is no sound.    Verizon claimed I needed a new set top box and if that didn't work I should change the batteries in my remote.

Should have remembered that users know more than the companies.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes