Access cable card from multiple PCs?
11D_Universe1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got several PCs on my home network.  I instsalled a cable card on computer A.   Is there a way I can watch live TV or program the card from computer B?

0 Likes
Re: Access cable card from multiple PCs?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@11D_Universe wrote:

I've got several PCs on my home network.  I instsalled a cable card on computer A.   Is there a way I can watch live TV or program the card from computer B?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You will note a blank post from me immediately before this one.  This happened when I tried to cancel the post but the forum software posted a blank post anyway.

I pointed this type of error out to the site administrators over six months ago, but it was never corrected.

So pardon my blank post -- blame it on the Lithium software that runs this site.

0 Likes
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

SageTV and the extender can do that. The problem is, since Google bought SageTV and maliciously canceled the best TV app ever created you will have a touch time finding a means to obtain a license.

Nevertheless, there appears to be a private market place still going in the SageTV forums: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

I still think it is an awesome app even when version 7 is now over two years old. If Google would care about consumers they could rerelease it and still have a very competitve and current product.

If you want something that is still actively developed give MythTV a try: http://www.mythtv.org/detail/mythtv

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@PJL wrote:

You will note a blank post from me immediately before this one.  This happened when I tried to cancel the post but the forum software posted a blank post anyway.

I pointed this type of error out to the site administrators over six months ago, but it was never corrected.

So pardon my blank post -- blame it on the Lithium software that runs this site.

We have tested this across multiple browsers and boards here on the community and cannot replicate the error that you're getting.  Unless we can verify there is a bug in the software, we can't file a support case with the developers on it.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@KaLin wrote:

@PJL wrote:

We have tested this across multiple browsers and boards here on the community and cannot replicate the error that you're getting.  Unless we can verify there is a bug in the software, we can't file a support case with the developers on it.

KaLin, you need to refer to the community leaders forum for the post about this. 

Your testing apparently was not thorough enough.  I am running Windows 8 with IE 10, and other with it have the same issue.

Let's not hijack this thread further.  I apologize to the OP for responding off subject.

0 Likes