Accidental Elderly Mistake Changes Service. Please Restore Original Service Back.
DeadSurvivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

My elderly mother was channel surfing on May 14, 2015.  At some point during her surfing FIOS to find something she wanted to watchm she landed on an order/upgrade screen.  She pushed buttons to get out of the order/upgrade screen and all seemed well.

Just this morning, I received an e-mail stating that my residence upgrade would begin on the next billing cycle, to the Preferred TV Triple Play Bundle.  My mother must have accidentally hit a button for this upgrade, which is a mistake.  We originaly ordered FIOS Select TV's Triple Play Bundle necause of it's affordability and convenience of channels that we watched on the Select Bundle.

After discovering this, a call to Verizon was met with a young lady alerting my that I had been grandfathered in by this FIOS Select TV Package.  How could I have been grandfathered in if this is my first time having service with Verizon, specifically making the change from my previous Cable Operator due to the savings and channels offered that my family enjoyed watching.

I was told it was "impossible" to reverse this transaction.  In business, there is never a true "no reverse" plan.  I would like to know what Verizon can and will do about my situation.  I have 20 months of Select TV Bundeling left and find it hard to believe this mistake cannot be reversed and I am unwilling to accept Verizons current new plans they have in the works (the mix and match plan, as I call it).

Verizon, please help me and my mother out in this situation and revert my billing to what it has been for the past four months.  I believe it can be done and you will have two greatful customers who know their Televisiion/Internet/Phone provider cares about them and their business.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Please provide a resolution that will benefit everyone involved in this situation.

-Anthony-

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Accidental Elderly Mistake Changes Service. Please Restore Original Service Back.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

DON"T POST HERE.  This is peer to peer support.

Contact VERIZON during business hours.  1-800-VERIZON ,  They will usually reverse such orders for you.

Note I don't think it blocks this sort of thing, but make sure you have purchases control by parental control or purchase pins.

View solution in original post

Re: Accidental Elderly Mistake Changes Service. Please Restore Original Service Back.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

DON"T POST HERE.  This is peer to peer support.

Contact VERIZON during business hours.  1-800-VERIZON ,  They will usually reverse such orders for you.

Note I don't think it blocks this sort of thing, but make sure you have purchases control by parental control or purchase pins.

DeadSurvivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You For The Reply/  I Was Told Via Phone Support To Come To The Website And It's Forums.  I Will Try To Call Again.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The Select package has been done away with and is no longer offered. I think that you are going to have a hard time reversing that order. Post back and let us know the outcome.

vash1
Enthusiast - Level 1

same thing happen to me yesterday

and they told me they cant put me back on fios selct hd

since it's a retired plan

that new custom tv suck

select hd had more channel for you to enjoy

i will just swict to twc

so what happen anthony they fix it ?

DeadSurvivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, Verizon Will Not Reverse My Mothers' Mistake, Claiming "She" Made This Mistake "Before" Contacting Zerizon? ... Call Verizon And Ask "If I Make A Mistake Can You Revert It Back To The Original Triple Play Package.  This Is The First Time I Have Ever Heard This Come Out Of A Customer Representatives Mouth.

"We Were GrandFathered In" Is What I Was Told.  Changes Can Be Made Whether Verizon Publicly Acknowledges This.  There Is Always Someone In The Chain Of Command That Can Make Things Happen.

After This Experience And The Way Both My Mother And I Were Treated ... As Though We Were Trying To Get Away With Some Kind Of Scheme, There Will Be No On-0emand Orders I Make With Verizon (I Watched On-Demand With A Cable Competitor At Least 2 To 4 Times Monthly).

It Has More To Do With Attitude And Not Listening To The Customer Than The Triple Play Service Itself.  The Select Triple Play Was A Great Start For Verizon To Compete With Over-Priced Cable Television (at that time) But The Lower Price On Pricing Came At The Cost Of Customer Service, Or The Lack There Of.

The Price Also Went Up Slightly And The Equipment Prices Are Expensive ... $5.00/piece More Than The Cable Company Was Charging.  Basically, I Am Paying The Same Price Regardless Which Company I Give My Business To (At Current Pricing For Verizon Equipment)..  However, One Company Doesn't Charge For Service Calls And Has More Friendly Customer Service.

I Will Evaluate Prices For Packages And Customer Service Offered At The End Of My Contract With Verizon And The Decision Will Be Made At That Time.

(Just Hard To Believe Absolutely No-One  At Verizon, The Company As A Whole, Has The Power To Reinstate A Triple Play Pricing.  I Work Retail And Never Gave Customers This Reason).

0 Likes