Acquired DVR, STB. and Router from Apartment cleanout; Return?
betteroff
I am trying to do the right thing but poor customer service is not allowing me. I do IT work and received a DVR, STB, and Router from an apartment cleanout from a property owner. I am uncertain if the boxes are paid off or what, but rather than accept stolen property or flip them, I want to contact Verizon and have a return put out on the equipment. Hey maybe I'll get a credit or a few months of movies or something. But I certainly am not spending another minute sitting on hold to do this. I could not get through over 45 minutes yesterday. If I call and specify that I want to buy new service though, I get right through- only to be redirected anyways. Funny how it works. I love my FIOS service, always have, but to call them for anything requires taking a half day off of work. So, with that said- does anyone have contact info for equipment returns? Pittsburgh/Monroeville PA area. Again, if it's going to cost me anything, screw them. I will throw the stuff away as it should have been in the first place. If the equipment was paid for, it would be nice to have it activated to my account and no longer pay rental fees for my STB and DVR.
Message Edited by betteroff on 08-14-2009 06:47 AM
0 Likes
Re: Acquired DVR, STB. and Router from Apartment cleanout; Return?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Don't know who to contact, but the video equipment is never considered paid off and remains forever Verizon property (that's how they make money on them).  After a year I belive Verizon doesn't require the return of the router.  They will not activate any STB without it being in their inventory and charging you a monthly fee.
0 Likes
Re: Acquired DVR, STB. and Router from Apartment cleanout; Return?
betteroff
I was able to reach someone within decent time today, I was informed on taking the hardware to UPS, and was given a few free months for my good deed. Thanks.
0 Likes