Add DVR to one TV
johnsoned
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my main TV (SD) I have a SD STB, I would like to add a DVR to this set. Would I have to continue to pay rental on my SD STB in addition to the rental for the DVR? My reason for wanting to have the DVR is so that I can delay the video feed to the TV so that I can sync to the radio feed for certain sporting events. Will I have that capability in addition to being able to record regular TV?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Add DVR to one TV
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Nope. That will be the only price change. As long as you are having the box shipped to you and you do your own install. If you have them come out and hook it up for you, there will also be an activation fee. ($55 if I remember correcty) Definatly worth doing yourself. Most can do this themselves as it is only moving wires from one box to the other.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@johnsoned wrote:

On my main TV (SD) I have a SD STB, I would like to add a DVR to this set. Would I have to continue to pay rental on my SD STB in addition to the rental for the DVR? My reason for wanting to have the DVR is so that I can delay the video feed to the TV so that I can sync to the radio feed for certain sporting events. Will I have that capability in addition to being able to record regular TV?

The DVR will work fine for what you are asking.  You can return the SD box as it won't be needed.  The DVR has 2 tuners and can record up to 2 shows while you watch an already recorded show or it can record 1 show while you watch another live.  It can record both SD and HD shows and has outputs that will work with either an SD or HD TV.  If you are using it on an SD TV the box will down convert the HD channels to match your TV's resolution as well as providing all the SD channels.  It also buffers upt to 1 hour of live TV meaning that you could easily back up (delay the TV broadcast) the 5 or 10 seconds you want to try to sync with the radio broadcast.

0 Likes
johnsoned
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the prompt response. That’s good news, but I have one other question. I am currently paying a rental of $4.99 for my SD STB and I understand that the monthly fee for a DVR is $15.99 which means it would cost me $11.00 a month to make this switch. Are there any addition costs that I have overlooked. 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Nope. That will be the only price change. As long as you are having the box shipped to you and you do your own install. If you have them come out and hook it up for you, there will also be an activation fee. ($55 if I remember correcty) Definatly worth doing yourself. Most can do this themselves as it is only moving wires from one box to the other.

0 Likes