Added Services - How Long to Activate?
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday morning I upgraded some services to my FIOS TV and Internet.  I upgraded to Extreme HD and  moved up to a 20/5 Internet plan. The sales lady said the changes would go into affect by midnight last night; however nothing has changed yet.  Tech  Support said to wait a few days for the changes to occur.  Can anyone tell me how long it should take?

Shawn

Message Edited by shaywood on 11-01-2008 08:45 AM
0 Likes
Re: Added Services - How Long to Activate?
hzmt22193
Enthusiast - Level 2
same here.  ordered on 10-30 still no access to the new hd channels.  they said call back when the billing office opens on Monday. 
0 Likes
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what tech support told me too. At least they are consistent and we're not alone.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I suspect there is a problem with your order.

I tried to upgrade to Extreme and 20/5 several weeks ago, was told it would take 30 minutes or less. Didn't happen. Called back 6 hours later, after research was told there was an exisitng "phantom' order on my account scheduled for 10/29, no other changes could be made to account until that order completed, and my upgrade had been cancelled. Took some help but finally got the "phantom" order cancelled, upgrade was requested again, went through very quickly.

Based on my experience, I suggest that there might possibly be something that has caused your order to be cancelled, and if it has, for some reason Verizon appears to never, ever voluntarily notify you of that. So I suggest you call and check (my experience with checking on the website is less than stellar, a day after I found out my order had been cancelled, the website still showned my order "in progress.")

I have seen multiple reports that the new service really was available 20 to 30 minutes after ordering.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2
Changes to the account that do not require a technician or new equipment should generally process within 30mins-48hours of order placement.  This is of course providing the human placing the order didnt key in a due date a week from now. 
0 Likes
hzmt22193
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called today to find out why my change (10-30) had not taken place.  long story short, they could not even find my profile and had to create a trouble ticket to fix that problem.  now I have to wait until that problem is fixed before I can try and change to the extreme package.  I would never have guessed that changing packages would be this difficult.

0 Likes
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2
I recieved a call from Verizon FiOS today.  They said that a system upgrade last week caused problems with a lot of orders made on the 30th. They had to re-enter all of them and issue new order numbers.  My service is suppose to be updated tomorrow.
0 Likes
hzmt22193
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called this morning since Verizon never called back.  they were able to view my account and added the extreme package that I requested.  I called back this afternoon after they said the new channels would be up and running.  when I called back they said they had a problem accessing my account.  back to square one.  I think I will give up and stop wasting my time calling. 

0 Likes
kasjtik

Also had the same problem.  Ordered the upgrade to the flex package (Extreme HD, 20/5 internet) on 10/30 and while I have the increased speed on my internet, none of the new HD channels are active.  I've called a couple times, and each time they promise that it will be active by the end of the day, with no results.  Apparently the original rep selected a start date of 11/13 for no apparent reason, and no one can change it.

I just don't understand why they can't cancel the original order and re-do it, this time correctly.  Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Woke up yesterday and turned on the TV. Of course the STB didn't work.  On and off the phone with tech support. Turns out that the Billing Dept didn't enter the upgrades correctly and messed something up.  Anyway, I finally have all the services I ordered.  I would estimate that I spent 15 hours on the phone over the past 5 days either on hold or talking to verizon.   I was disconnected no less than 10 times.  2 times the phone system didn't work at all when going through the prompts.  I must have talked with 5 different people.

0 Likes