Switch Account

Added memory

Contributor smartaleck
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(399 Views)

I would like to have any info you guys can give on adding memory to Set top box. Am I looking for a seats hard drive? How many gigs of memory are needed or available for this addition? Any info would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor smartaleck
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(379 Views)

On my recent post>>>I meant to say I want to add an external hard drive and what I've read is, My Motorola HD DVR QIP 7216 1 is supposed to be compatible with an eSata hard drive. Is this correct? I've looked in the back of my STB and it has a slot for a Sata connection. Is this the same as eSata? If anyone can give me some info I'd appreciate it. Also...how difficult is it to configure?

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(363 Views)

Here is a link to to support page that lists the models supported. It also provides a little more information.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Other+Hardware/eSATA/129841.htm

Contributor smartaleck
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(352 Views)

Mark: Thanks for that link. It answered everything I needed to know about adding memory.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.