Adding Disney+ to FIOS widget
Leebou21

I’m all signed up for Disney+, how do I add it to my FIOS widget?

0 Likes
Re: Adding Disney+ to FIOS widget
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Leebou2 wrote:

I’m all signed up for Disney+, how do I add it to my FIOS widget?

That's not something that you would do. Verizon might add that in a future update. Now only YouTube and Netflix are on the set-top box. 
You just need to download the app on your streaming device, for example a smart TV, Apple TV, or Roku. 

0 Likes
Orchidsforever
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same question as you. I find it mind boggling Verizon offers other third party apps, but wouldn't ensure they have the Disney+ app ready to go when they started the promotion in November. I have an older Vizio TV that doesn't receive support anymore so the Disney plus is useless unless I want to watch it on my phone.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Orchidsforever wrote:

Same question as you. I find it mind boggling Verizon offers other third party apps, but wouldn't ensure they have the Disney+ app ready to go when they started the promotion in November. I have an older Vizio TV that doesn't receive support anymore so the Disney plus is useless unless I want to watch it on my phone.

Buy a $35 Amazon Firestick, connected it to your TV, and download Disney+. Very simple. 

Bethbristow117

I totally agree I was shocked when I found out they are offering this service but don’t allow you to watch it unless you have a separate device to stream it. Pretty disappointing.. 

0 Likes
Karen-MEME
Enthusiast - Level 1

If they make you buy a fire stick people will realize what's the point of having cable when I can get it all from s fire stick

DianesWorld
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do I need Verizon? I just want to simply add the Disney+ app to my Fios Package so I can watch the service on my TV through my account. BUT NO. Verizon is unwilling to pay the licensing fee to Disney to allow us customer to actually use the subscription. It's a massive fail on both Disney and Verizon as they roll out the free year promotion and can not deliver the product. False advertising. It's like wanting the showroom couch but can't get it because it's not in stock but it's right in front of you... they could atleast give us a work-around internet app to allow us to connect to the web so we can interface. BUT NOOOO. Why make it easy for their customers. It's a scam. And Disney is complicit.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes