Adding Media Center DVR
dldaven

I currently have Fios with 3 TV's and 3 STD boxes @ $5.99 each per month. I would like to add the media center DVR and have some questions.

1) Does the media center DVR @ $19.99 per month replace one of the STD boxes?

2)Is there any additional wiring needed to use multi room DVR? ( I do have FIOS internet as well )

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
Re: Adding Media Center DVR
Justin46
Legend

1) Yes. I presume that you do not have any HD TVs at this point, but with the DVR you will be able to view the HD channels also on the TV attached to the DVR, although of course not in actual HD.

2) No additional wiring is needed.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
dldaven
Thanks, Justin. Are there any other additional charges from Verizon to enable the multi room DVR, or does the $19.99/mo for the Media Ctr DVR cover that? Also, does Verizon install and set it up?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

The $19.99 is the complete cost for the Multi-room DVR, but of course you need the additional SD or HD boxes on the other TVs, and they cost $$$ too.

There really isn't any "setup" required as far as I know. If the order is processed correctly, then you will have the multi-room function available automatically. However, I think it would be reasonable for you to ask the install tech to stay until you have verified that the multi-room function works (and keep in mind that, at least for right now, there are apparently several pretty serious bugs in the multi-room function, hopefully to be fixed in the "near" future, whatever that means).

Keller, TX

0 Likes