Adding another Outlet for TV
caster

I need to add another outlet in an additional bedroom.  There was an outlet there previously for cable tv.  To make sure this outlet is working right I need to make sure the splitter is a 5-1000 and that its rg-6?  Is there any kind of test I can do by plugging it directly to the TV?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Adding another Outlet for TV
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@caster wrote:

I need to add another outlet in an additional bedroom.  There was an outlet there previously for cable tv.  To make sure this outlet is working right I need to make sure the splitter is a 5-1000 and that its rg-6?  Is there any kind of test I can do by plugging it directly to the TV?

Thanks

If your tv has a qam digital tuner, you can plug directly to the tv. but only if you have the digital tuner.

If not, you can bring one of the STB's in from another room and see if it works. if it does, your good to go. If not then the line is not active yet.

0 Likes
caster

and to make the line active I can just tap off an active line with a 5-1000mhz splitte??

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@caster wrote:

and to make the line active I can just tap off an active line with a 5-1000mhz splitte??

Assuming that it is a bi-directional splitter and not a uni-directional splitter, then yes.

0 Likes