Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Additional TV

Contributor
Contributor

Additional TV

Message 1 of 2
(710 Views)

Hello.

I have two TVs on my current FIOS service, one in my LR and one in my BR. Both have STBs. In my den, I have a coax going in to my Actiontek Cable Modem and then I have a CAT5 Ethernet going from the cable modem to my computer. I need a new monitor for my computer, but I began to think ... why not purchase a small TV instead and use it as a monitor via HDMI? But of course, that would not make sense unless I could use this new TV as a third TV to be able to watch the same channels I can get on my other two TVs.

So ... can I use a splitter to split the coax before it goes in to my Actiontek cable modem, and feed the new coax directly into the new smart TV? And if so, do I still require a STB for the new TV?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Additional TV

Message 2 of 2
(685 Views)

If your new TV has a qam tuner, you can get local channels only.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.